Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor camera connection

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
EW7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can set my cameras a foot away from the base station and still have poor to no signal. Disconnect issues I may return this item. My base station is the only thing connected to the router.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few minutes reading here and maybe a quick search would have found similar threads. Don't use the Camera Positioning WiFi indication which currently always reads poor. Use the indication for each camera on the Devices tab or in the camera settings.

EW7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you my base disconnects from router al the time as well and at that point the batteries will tend to drain faster if they are armed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The batteries don't drain if there's a loss of connection to the servers, only if the base is powered down. What are the LEDs on the base showing when "offline?"

EW7
Aspirant
Aspirant
The light for internet connection goes out and it will not reconnect unless I power it off and back on. When I'm traveling away for a month at a time I have no way to get them back on line. I'm thinking of getting a better ethernet cable and see if that helps. And thank you for the help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A new cable is a good test but I'd open a case with support since it could be bad hardware. That way you won't need to worry so much when traveling. Also, a WiFi switch such as a WeMo to plug the base into could be a good ide so you can remotely power cycle the base.

EW7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank yo I will try that and open a case with them.