Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor Battery Performance

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TraiJay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras installed to look out for my 83 year old disabled Mum. Every few weeks the battery in the bedroom camera needs changing whilst the camera in the loungeis still showing 100%. How can this be? Could the camera in the bedroom be faulty to be so energy-absorbing?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

A number of things can cause the batteries to go quicker... interference, low signal from base, bad camera....

First thing to do is SWAP the two cameras and see if the problem follows the camera or if it's the location.

If it follows the camera, then contact Netgear Support.

As a PS, you may be better served by one of the ac power cams ( Q or even Pro ) so no batteries are involved, esp since they are indoors

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TraiJay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I swapped the camera and 5 days later got the message I'm at 9% life. Does anyone know what I need to check on as this appears to be a location issue rather than camera. Thanks in advance.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base and open and close the battery door.  Did that change the battery display?  If not, move the camera temporarily to a different location and monitor battery usage using fresh batteries.  If it's better, it's something about the location.