Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
maxfrompine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both on App and Web Portal the library of recordings duplicates the last 2 days not showing present-day ones.

This has been a problem for the last few weeks, highly chances is a bug, but there is no where to report a app bug..

19 REPLIES 19
Kgoh
Guide
Guide

All video recording are not saved in the library reported on 27 July 2024, tech support said it is fixed but only in US region, Asia region still unable to view the video in the library. It was till 30 July then the video is back to Asia.

Today the same problem happens again, the video in the library is repeated the day before, i.e. videos on 8/7/2024 is exactly same as video on 8/6/2024. After 4pm Asia time the library is back to normal, this happened for one week till today.

IOS has no problem, only Android and web.

Tech support PLEASE investigate!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Kgoh 

Are you still experiencing these symptoms?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @maxfrompine 

Have you tried reinstalling your app and clearing your web browsers cache?

AndrewThorpe
Guide
Guide

I have this exact same issue on multiple devices - different iPhones, iPads. We have contacted support and only advice they gave is to deleted app and re-install. Which we have and has not fixed the issue which is some sort of timestamp filtering issue. 

I get the notifications of new recordings but I can't access or see them in my library until about mid morning (10am-ish it seems to start working, I'm on Australian East Standard Time) as it show the recordings from the previous day in the current day. I would attach screen shots that show the same recording from the previous day being show for the current day,  but it the 'Insert Photos' isn't working for me.

This is a bug that needs to be logged with the Dev team to fix, has been an issue for over a month now. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@maxfrompine Is this occurring on iOS or Android?

What is the Arlo app version that you are using? 

Geio
Tutor
Tutor

My library doesn’t update with current days videos until 12 noon when they all suddenly appear.

Before noon it shows a repeat of the previous days videos. Still receive video notifications as they happen but can’t see them in library until after 12pm.

I have 4 ultra cameras 

Kgoh
Guide
Guide

The problem still exists, only after 4pm Beijing Time the library is updated, else it is just duplicate of previous day's video recording!

Geio
Tutor
Tutor

I’m on iOS version 17.5.1 and usind app Arlo Secure 4.17

I’m in New Zealand so are ahead of US time. This error has been happening for about the last 6-8 weeks 

Geio
Tutor
Tutor

This is still a daily occurrence for me. Library before noon shows duplicate of previous days videos then at midday it updates to the current days recordings. Very annoying - been happening for too long now 

AndrewThorpe
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS can you please confirm this has been raised as a defect/bug with the development teams. As you can see this isn’t an isolated problem as it is impacting many users across multiple regions. It is actually now making my Arlo useless because things often occur overnight or early morning that Arlo captures that we need to check first thing but can’t until mid day when the library starts working correctly. 

maxfrompine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, and still happening…

maxfrompine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have iOS devices, but on the web portal is the same too

maxfrompine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 5.0 (8269), updated today

Same problem as all the other people in here, videos become availble only after a certain time.

@ShayneS 

Please let us know if you raise a ticket with the dev team cause it is a big problem, I get notifications during the day when on holidays and I can’t see what it has happened at home until next day…

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have notified the team and I am waiting for more information. 

maxfrompine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @ShayneS, let me know if you need screenshots or anything else! 

Thanks!

Kgoh
Guide
Guide

Of cause I did reset/reinstalled the APP and also tried on different PC web , clear the cache. The problem still exists.

Please note that IOS does not has problem, only Android and Web application.

Confirmed today the problem still exists the library only updated after 4pm Asia time.

Kgoh
Guide
Guide

Yes, this is exactly the same problem I am facing, show the recordings from the previous day in the current day and only updated after 4pm Asia time.

Kgoh
Guide
Guide

Hi Shayne, my Android version is 4.19_28720 released 08/20/24.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.