Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
miketod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased a 3 camera system last week & all set-up & working fine. Decided to add another camera today & now none of the cameras will stream or go into position mode. All have "Please Wait" message displayed.

Reset all cameras, re-synced to base station, reset base station, reset router. No change.

Is the server down again.....?

Latest camera has different fw version (1.1.1733) to original 3 (1.1.1245) but despite having re-set this a couple of times (as per instruction seen here somewhere) no change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
miketod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I'd tried all that before posting - apart from "waiting for a day or two"..... which as I'm going away shortly was not an ideal situation....

So this morning I de-registered the router & set everything up as new. This time the cameras all updated to 1.2.2688 as they synched & everything is now up & running again as it should.

Still a little odd that adding a new camera with a different FW version should bu&&er up the whole system but I guess that's computers for you ........!!

Seems a good system in general though.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

to my knowledge, the latest full release version for the cameras is 1.2.2545

So you are a few updates behind.

Make sure the setting are toggled on for AUTO-UPDATE FW  ( under settings/base settings )

next take your cameras and open the battery doors for a min... then close. They should resync by themselves if near the base.

( just do not open the pod bay door Hal if any leds on the front of the camera is flashing )

Next you wait... usu in a day or two at night the house-keeping genie will come along and update the camera...

90 % of the time this will work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
miketod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I'd tried all that before posting - apart from "waiting for a day or two"..... which as I'm going away shortly was not an ideal situation....

So this morning I de-registered the router & set everything up as new. This time the cameras all updated to 1.2.2688 as they synched & everything is now up & running again as it should.

Still a little odd that adding a new camera with a different FW version should bu&&er up the whole system but I guess that's computers for you ........!!

Seems a good system in general though.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Systems sit on the shelf or in the delivery chain for a while... the FW ( which BTW, updates during the late night ) is usu a couple of versions behind.

Morse is faster than texting!
Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Been an ongoing issue for me since the May 2015 updates (firmware/server/app whatever)

Netgear please fix these issues, its been a long time now since these systems functioned normally.

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I frequently get a "Please Wait" message on all 4 of my 5 cam system despite a full strength signal and full batteries.  I have removed the batteries as suggested in this forum but I continue to get occasional Please Wait messages (which never go away unless I sign out and in again).  Thanks for any help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PJMLAW,

The "please wait" message will appear on a camera right after the stream button is clicked as it takes a little time for the camera to connect. What is the download/upload speed of your internet connection? If you could also let us know your router brand and ISP that would also be helpful information.

JamesC

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi - Thanks for your interest. Download is 60+ and upload is 6+.  Comcast.  Thanks.

dchira
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have succesfully installed my camera and I"m very happy with it.

Video quality is great, audio is great as well.

Troubles starts when others I shared my camera with, are trying to access the camera and watch live.

Two of my friends are using MAC ThinAir and Mac bookPro, and can't watch lthe live video, no metter what browser they tried.

Latest Flash player it is installed, cookies are not blocked.

What are the expected settings for FireFox Safari Chrome?

I apreciate any suggestions as I hvae been chassing my tail for the last 2 days.

Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dchira,

Does the live stream feature work from other devices? It sounds like something on the Macbooks is blocking the live stream.

Do you get any error messaging when attempting a live stream? Some users have had issues when using anti-virus software. Disable any you may have a try again.

Are the browsers up to date?

JamesC

dudenukem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an Arlo vmc3030 wireless HD camera with base to install in my home, The camera seemed to work fine for a few days and the motion feature was able to record the activity at a normal pace and gave a clear picture.

After about 7 days, a relative of mine noticed the camera, and unknowingly removed the camera from the mount and proceeded to hide it. Once I noticed the camera was missing, I immediately checked the Arlo app for archived footage to see who removed it.  However, it DID NOT RECORD ANY motion of whoever took it.

I find it very strange that for 7 days straight this camera performed flawless, and at the moment I needed it to record the most, I HAVE NOTHING !!!!

I contacted NETGEAR SUPPORT and upon advising them the problem I had, they could only create a case number and offer to TROUBLESHOOT the camera...I advised that the camera was STOLEN!!!   How can you troubleshoot what you don't have !!!  

I find it incredible....Company creates camera, Camera SUPPOSED TO RECORD MOTION, Someone stole camera with no motion evidence recorded or archived... Now I'm simply out of $180 and NETGEAR can't do anything for me....   BEWARE OF THIS !!!!