Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Playback Library View- Green screen

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
howardcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Images on my library look okay, but when I play them the playback is a green screen!

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The easy thing to try is to reset the cameras by opening and closing the battery door.

howardcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting out a step stool to open the battery case is an unacceptable solution to this problem. Why is it happening? To re-ask. The image in library view looks good, but when clicking on play, the screen turns green. No images/no video.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Download it to ensure that it's still green.  Might be some sort of issue with your app or web browser.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

also try it on another computer  and/or browser

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Noodles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All

Also having this issue (well sought of) with one of my cameras.  Image in the library seems fine, when playing the video it'll start out ok but them the screen (or half of it) will go green and/or the video will be distorted.

Have tried opening battery cover and closing but issue remains.

None of my other cameras seem to have this issue.

2320Chester
Tutor
Tutor

I've got two cameras.  Both were recording OK yesterday.  Today when I select one, or both cameras the image being recrded appear to be solid GREEN.

I am on a PC using Win 8.1 with IE 11.0.19 and Firefox 38.0.1.  Today IE plays back GREEN.  Firefox plays back BLACK - even captures that played back OK yesterday.

I opened the battery doors, re-sync'd both cameras, reset the base station, and powered off/on my router.  None seemed like a sensible solution, but I did them anyway. Nothing changed in the configuration or location.

I need a resolution to this issue immediately.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Every once in a while ( not often) 1 of my 10 cameras will show a half green screen on a small portion of the video usually only within the first 5 seconds of the clip. I think it could have something to do with how the clip is uploaded to the netgear service. This upload process is actually the work in part of your homes router and modem. May I suggest you reboot your modem and or router. This will refresh the modem and may clean up the video upload stream.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I do get them once in a while in live stream when I first press the play button.. I never gotten' any on my recorded library but I did get a few times of distorted videos for a couple of seconds and that's it.. My speculation was maybe my internet or arlo's server was giving a hiccup since am not getting it too often and it's happening randomly out of my 4-cameras.. 

2320Chester
Tutor
Tutor

OK, so my saved files started playimng back OK, for about a day.  They played back OK today until about 6:00 pm, then they played back GREEN again. 

If there is a place on this site to open a trouble ticket it is not obvious to me? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Top right of this page, Support, then Contact Us. Or http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx (same thing).

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

JPC wrote:

I do get them once in a while in live stream when I first press the play button.. I never gotten' any on my recorded library but I did get a few times of distorted videos for a couple of seconds and that's it.. My speculation was maybe my internet or arlo's server was giving a hiccup since am not getting it too often and it's happening randomly out of my 4-cameras.. 

I'm randomly getting the green screen as well when I try to view LIVE feed. Really annoying. I seem to get it more though when i try to view LIVe feed at night. Any fixes??

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

RegDawg wrote:

JPC wrote:

I'm randomly getting the green screen as well when I try to view LIVE feed. Really annoying. I seem to get it more though when i try to view LIVe feed at night. Any fixes??

Since this recent firmware update, I do get them a bit more now too than before randomly on my 4-cameras both live view or recorded.. One camera that has the Energizer (1500mah) battery in it seems to have a glitch more than my other cameras running a Panasonic (1550mah) battery.. I dunno' exactly if power or the type of battery has anything to do with it but that's what I noticed.. But both do get the green screen randomly.. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix this issue.. I been thru a couple of times now with these new firmware Updates and so far it hasn't been good for me..  So hopefully it might for you.. Arlo Netgear will just surprise us all with the new update next time around.. 

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

JPC wrote:

RegDawg wrote:

JPC wrote:

Since this recent firmware update, I do get them a bit more now too than before randomly on my 4-cameras both live view or recorded.. One camera that has the Energizer (1500mah) battery in it seems to have a glitch more than my other cameras running a Panasonic (1550mah) battery.. I dunno' exactly if power or the type of battery has anything to do with it but that's what I noticed.. But both do get the green screen randomly.. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix this issue.. I been thru a couple of times now with these new firmware Updates and so far it hasn't been good for me..  So hopefully it might for you.. Arlo Netgear will just surprise us all with the new update next time around.. 

Hopefully for the good...and not more issues.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

RegDawg & JPC,

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback and concerns will be delivered to our management team. Our engineers are working diligently in improving our Arlo system for our Arlo customers. We appreciate your patience

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Atlantagreg
Tutor
Tutor

I am just now finding this thread, and apparently even after two months this issue is not being resolved by Arlo.  One of my cameras started doing this green screen bit, and worse than some others are talking about.  Green on half the video, then it studders, and stalls... you only get a few seconds of video actually stored and the rest is a still shot of the last video frame that was saved to the server.  

Yes, the batteries are fine, and my router is close in proximity to the camera (and it and the base station have been rebooted multiple times).  I have a faster broadband connection, and no interference from nearby objects.  I open/closed the battery and re-paired the camera and that works at best for 1-2 days before it starts all over again. 

I resent the fact that little or nothing seems to be done to correct this since I'm not alone in experiencing it.  These are NOT cheap cameras and were an investment.  Luckily I talked several of my neighbors and coworkers out of buying them before they got stuck - but it appears I'm out of luck.  Several calls to India have resulted in nothing more than pre-scripted attempts to put a bandaid on something that is apparently a larger problem that needs to be fixed.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
You are not alone. It's a server problem that has developed over time and is not being addressed. Whatever you do please do not listen to those who will tell you to move routers buy extenders or anything else. This is a Netgear server issue that they have been avoiding for months. I get it on a few of my cameras, sometimes worse that others. It's frustrating. Hey but the good news is there is a new app. Update that came out today that adds NOTHING to your experience. Good job Netgear keep putting out useless app updates instead of fixing your crippled server farms.
JudiS
Aspirant
Aspirant

And I'm finding this thread because of the same issues.  I JUST installed the system today.  At first, the video just stalled but now the playback is a black screen. 

Seriously, Admin, what is the answer here?  You've got 14 days before it goes back to the store.  

Judi 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should get faster results if you place a trouble ticket.  Call rather than use the web form since you'll likely end up in a call anyways.