Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Plans/AddingCameras/NoPhoneSupport

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shane12345
Follower
Follower

I currently have 5 cameras and a base station.  I have no idea if I have a "ArloPlan" or subscription.  Do these cost extra or are they typically included?   

I would like to add a doorbell camera and possibly 1-2 more cameras at a completely separate site 15 miles away.  Can I use wireless door and camera and not need to add another base station?

Adding the door and possibly 1-2 cameras will I need to change my plan? 

The world is in a different state but your inability to have phone support is concerning.  

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It would suggest to me that your cameras were purchased with the 7days free cloud storage.

The bundle feature ended in 2018 after the pro2 so newer camera models require a paid subscription plan to maintain cloud storage after the initial trial period ends.

Further complication is arlo has moved to using a new app interface to limit a subscription plan to a single location so you will likely need to pay again for a new location.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shane12345 wrote:

I currently have 5 cameras and a base station.  I have no idea if I have a "ArloPlan" or subscription.  Do these cost extra or are they typically included?   

I would like to add a doorbell camera and possibly 1-2 more cameras at a completely separate site 15 miles away.  Can I use wireless door and camera and not need to add another base station?

Adding the door and possibly 1-2 cameras will I need to change my plan? 

The world is in a different state but your inability to have phone support is concerning.  

Arlo subscriptions cost, so if you aren't paying anything now, then  you are using the free 7-day cloud storage that came with the legacy cameras.

Currently sold cameras all require a subscription to get cloud storage.  While you could possibly get by with a VMB4540 or a VMB5000 smarthub and local storage, the subscription offers a better experience. A subscription gives you phone support and other benefits (activity zones, smart notifications, etc).  Also, you'd be able to connect the doorbell and cameras directly to the wifi at the new site.

You don't need to include your existing cameras in the subscription, they will continue to work as they do now.