Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Sharonshine65
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I just had ny cameras installed and one of the four cameras records everything in pink and red contrast.  I read all the other posts for tips and have tried them all....still no change.  The lther three cameas record in perfect color.  Please help!

Thanks,

Sharon 

89 REPLIES 89
Scott14946
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo please contact me directly to resolve as well

ThAnks
Jburk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo has given me all the solutions to try to fix it and it hasn't worked. Good luck.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The only way to get it fixed, as explained many, many times before, is to open a case. It's a hardware problem and a replacement camera is needed.
Jburk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done that with no response with a replacement
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact again.  Use the My Support link from here to verify that you have an open case and, if so, reply to it:

https://my.netgear.com/mynetgear/portal/main.aspx

There's also a Contact Support link in there as well as at the bottom of the desktop versions of these pages to create a new case if needed.

jiba
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras in my system, all have the same firmware och the same HW-version (H7). On one of the cameras I have red camera records. This camera has been exchanged 3 times already. I have noticed that the recordings are just fine, until it updates itself to the latest firmware-version :1.2.10342. Since it doesn´t come with the latest firmware out of the box it tries to update it self as soon as it is synced with the main unit. On one, the first exchange, occasion it did this immediately. Directly after this update it recorded "in red". On the two later occasions this update didn´t happen immediately and I got some recordings that were just fine, but directly after update I saw some light redish tint on the most outer edges of the picture. After the first night, when nightvision went active, the recordings were red. I believe this is a bug ( or "a undocumented feature" Smiley Wink ) in the firmware, as it seem somehow be connected to switching from nightvision, AND that is skipping the incremental updates and goes directly to the latest version. The other three cameras were bought on the same occasion ( just over a year ago ) and has had the incremental updates, thus working flawlessly. It is possible to "reset" this fault by switching the camera off for 10 minutes and the nighvision off as well. I´m just testing some different scenarios, but it definitevly is connected to the nightvision-function.

/ Jiri

Tabian
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the red screen on my brand new set, only one camera is red, ive tried to reboot but no joy?

Tabian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shocking support from Netgear, brand new systme pink screen, on hold for ages with support the email link doesn work.  Im sure Netgear doesnt want to support its users.  This sytme is flawed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What email link - the one you get if you use the Contact Support link at the bottom here?  I've had no problems with that although it's been a while since I used it.

Did you try the open and close the battery door trick?

zequali
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. How do I resolve this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

zequali,

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

clareprice2002
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I also have one of my cameras showing a pink colour to the daytime video - what is it that I need to do to change this ?

Thanks,

Clare

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Read the post right above yours.
caser41
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had my arlo cameras for about 2  months when one camera began recording in pink.  I contacted Arlo, but then the camera seemed to clear up on its own.  Then it became intermittent.  Here it is about a year and 1/2 later and all cameras now record in pink.  I tried all the usual steps to correct the problem, but nothing helps.  Now looking at other systems.  I hope others have better luck with the Arlo system...  

jiba
Aspirant
Aspirant
Send it back ! IF this was a hardware fault, how come they do not fix it. It is the same hardware since 2 years back, H7. No, this is a software error and Netgear just doesn't care. The store I bought the system from here in Sweden don't even argue any more. According to them, "when it works it works really well", but they have exchanged a lot of cameras. Most common faults according to them, red/pink recordings and drainage of batteries.