Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pink Picture

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Clair
Follower
Follower

My camera shows a pink picture.  How do i fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clair,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clair,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Rmenegoni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having an issue with one of my cameras. The picture turns pink / red. It only happens during the day. It doesn't happen with my other 2 cameras. Is there an issue with this camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rmenegoni,

JamesC

mpitogo
Tutor
Tutor
Just purchased a 4 camera unit. Three outdoors and one indoor. Two outdoor camera's have normal color and one is always pink in the daytime. The indoor camera always shows gray even during brightly lit daytime. I turn off night vision and color comes back. Won't switch modes from night vision to daytime automatically.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While there are steps to ty to mitigate the problems (for the pink cast, try removing batteries and replace) it would seem like your fastest resolution would be to return the system to the store and swap for another.  

The pink cast is caused by the IR filter getting stuck and is a hardware problem.  Sometimes it resolves and is fine, other times it comes back.  You can get a replacement under warranty but that takes some time.

The B&W issue is related to light level.  While you may think it's bright, the camera will automatically switch to B&W at its own threshold.  You can test by moving the camera outdoors and test.  If somehow it remains in B&W, that would appear to be a hardware issue, also, so getting the system swapped would be your fastest resolution.

PaulieGERM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this same problem and I have swapped batteries and removed and added the camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PaulieGERM,

JamesC

mpitogo
Tutor
Tutor

Support replaced my Arlo and pink issue is gone.  If your camera is pink and rebooting, removing and adding doesn't work, its a defect.