Phones say base is offline, but PC says it's fine

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vwturner13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I messed up rules and modes, so I reste to factory settings by pushing reset with a paper cllip and pushing the sync button. Everything seems to be fine now on the PC, but when we bring up the program on our phones it says the base is offline. I deleted the program from my phone and reinstalled it but it didn't make any difference. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your phone is on the same wifi system as the base during setup

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
vwturner13
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were on the same WIFI, but I can do the setup again if you think it would help. Should I push the reset again and start all over?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the PC is working fine, it has more to do with the phone...

make sure the phone is on the same wifi router, go to SETTINGS, BASE Settings and see if the RESTART/DEACTIVATE buttons are there and not gray...

you can try and restart from you phone if able ( a reboot)

OR

You may have to scroll down to bottom of page SETTINGS, SUBSCRIPTION and see if the base station is associated with your phone/account

If it is not, you may have to add it back

Morse is faster than texting!
vwturner13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I reset to factory settings again. Now the phones recognize the base, but the cameras won't work. But, the PC doesn't recognize the base now and when I try to add the base it goes to the time zone screen and the continue button is gray, so I can't continue. When we first got this system the setup was easy and things worked fine. Somehow in setting up modes something changed and nothing works right now. This is very frustrating. 

vwturner13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried to reset the base 3 times today. I had the base and cameras working on the PC, but then I logged off to work on the phone, which didn't recognize the base, so I went back to the PC. When I logged on again it no longer recognized the base and said the cameras were offlie. Can anyone help? Honestly, I'm not computer illiterate, but this is just not working.