Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone app turns white and locks up, and locks up phone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
yellowraregt
Guide
Guide

I've been having an issue now for several weeks.  I have done everything I know how to do.  This might have to be sent to the developers.  I have had a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I just got a Galaxy 8+.  Both are android phones.  I also have a secondary account setup with Arlo on another device.  Same goes for tha device.  It was an S7 and then last week they went to an S8+....  My issue is when I tap the Arlo icon on my phone, whether I've stayed logged in or not, I get a white screen that flashes several times and then locks up my phone.  I have obviously gotten a new phones in the last week.  Both the primary account and the secondary account have this issue.  Both of us have brand new phones.  I have reset the router and reset all of the cameras as we were having an issue with push notifications on our last phones when motion was detected which was never fixed. 

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say...Have you un-installed the app and re-install it on the S8 ( btw what os , 7? )

If you have, then I would contact Netgear Support to see if they can dupe this issue on the new hardware...it may be a specific issue but it won't get fixed unless they know.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------