Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Permanently Delete Account

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
Cseeger08
Aspirant
Aspirant
Need help completing deleting , I knew arlo was a horrible idea when I installed it over 2 years ago but having arlo and a new baby is the absolute worst, my cameras never work , the door bell is always going off because camera lag . I'm surprised we haven't been kidnapped. The arlo lag will let you know like 20 minutes after it happens.. someone please guide me though completing removing my account.
19 REPLIES 19
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Cseeger08,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Norwester
Initiate
Initiate

It seems like Arlo has data and user locked in even if they dont own any product. I see there is no option to Post to community as the non sense Label field always error out. I am trying to permanently delete my Arlo account and there is no way to do so. There is no concept of customer support because ofcourse you only get it if you pay for it. I am going to report every email that I get from Arlo as Spam.

Adm1n1strator
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought an ArloPro and tested it out. Don't like it THE LAG IS SO SO SO SO SO BAD!!!!, returned it to BestBuy and I want to delete my account but there is no chance of that buddy!!! I'm asking for my account to be deleted for 5 years now. ITS THE WORST.

Cseeger08
Aspirant
Aspirant
Start Reporting Them to The BBB.
I have been they still won't delete my account
Cseeger08
Aspirant
Aspirant
Delete MY ACCOUNT IVE BEEN ASKING FOR MONTHS NOW !! SHUT DOWN AND CLOSE MY ACCOUNT Now!!!
2e
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please help me delete my account
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those who wish to delete an account. Please reach out to me in a private message with the details of your request along with the email address associated with the account and I will open and escalate a ticket to request removal.

Thank you,

JamesC

Adm1n1strator
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I PM you?

Nevermind, I think I got it.
jetlynx98
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not seeing anywhere I can send you a PM.  Can you send me one and I'll send the details to close my account?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jetlynx98 wrote:

I'm not seeing anywhere I can send you a PM.  

Click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page (between your username and the bell).

Conorirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm being offer Euro subscription when I'm UK based.

Originally my mother in Ireland got  Arlo and added me to her account. I now have Arlo at home and need a UK subscription. I need to kniow how to delet my accopujt. I can't find any option to do it. I did open a ticket but can't find the delete account option.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you go into the privacy center section (either in the app or my.arlo.com), you will find an option to remove your account there.

PathDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to permanently and totally delete my ARLO account.  I can’t do anything with the cameras or base hub because it says I have too many devices.  The problem is, I REMOVED every device in the app, so I have ZERO devices presently, and it won’t allow me to add anything.  The entire system is worthless to me now. 

PathDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed all of the devices with the Apple app, and now I can’t add any devices because it says I have too many devices.  None is not too many!  I want to permanently delete my account and try to start all over again. It’s useless as is.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PathDog wrote:

I want to permanently delete my account and try to start all over again. It’s useless as is.

Go into the privacy center in the app - there is an option to delete the account there.

KatherineB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I would like to permanently delete my account and data, and I cannot find where I would privately message you for this. 

Thank you,
Katherine

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is now a feature within the Arlo Secure mobile app via privacy center that allows you to delete your account. For more information on this, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062615/How-do-I-close-or-delete-my-Arlo-account

JamesC

Theslapster2009
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to delete my account please

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru