Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pan & Zoom night image looks better than night vision mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DH29
Initiate
Initiate

Why can't i get the top image which is only shown in the camera settings page to show up in regular camera mode? I've toggled night vision on and off but I cannot get the top image to show. When night vision is on, i don't get the bright detail like the top image - I only see the bottom image... Thanks.

arlo.png

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Certainly part of it is the limited range/brightness of the IR illuminators in the camera. The top shot is using ambient light which is bright enough to allow the camera to use day mode.  We don't have access to the specs as to how the camera reacts to changing light levels but normal daytime viewing shows a difference as the light changes at dusk and dawn - I think that's essentially what you're seeing here.

I prefer using sufficient ambient light over night vision but I'm not going to mount bright lights all over the house so night vision it is.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS, doesn't matter if the IR illuminators are toggled on or off... when the light level falls enough, the camera switches automaticly over to B/W mode

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------