Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
DOTTAT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why send me a notification like this if it's 1) a USB thumb drive and 2) settings are to overwrite?

12 REPLIES 12
DOTTAT
Apprentice
Apprentice
App settings
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DOTTAT

is this the first time you received this message for your overwrite settings?

DOTTAT
Apprentice
Apprentice
First time I have received (or filled) a USB drive. So yes, first notification. But sending out an alert like that which contradicts the way the device is configured is confusing for any customer.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Because there was and still appears to be an issue with the backup drives re filling up and overwriting.

Thought it was fixed but maybe not yet.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41340052

fishferbrains
Star
Star

I have a similar issue with getting alerts that my disk is full.  I have the overwrite setting turned on.

What's the status of this (long overdue) fix?

Thanks

DOTTAT
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not sure because they closed my ticket over the holiday break because I didn't reply in time.

They got a killer survey for that too.
fishferbrains
Star
Star

I'm sorry to hear this.  I've had two separate cases closed "for not responding in time", when the delay in response was almost entirely on their side.  The Arlo support organization is gaming their metrics by doing this, and it doesn't put them in a positive light.

DOTTAT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep.. that's why i made sure to slam them in their survey process.  

Gdefender
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly this same problem. I attempted to submit a case online but I get an error that say, "There was an error processing your request. Please contact with Arlo Support". What exactly does "Please contact with Arlo Support" mean?

Gdefender
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DOTTAT Any chance you found a resolution to this? Did you just have to manually delete some files from the USB drive?

DOTTAT
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well the support ticket was closed on me over the holidays because they prefer their own metrics over actually fixing problems here. I ended up sticking in a larger thumb drive as I was planning to anyways so I never did get to see the end result.