Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outside use atrocious

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
brada
Follower
Follower
Is anyone using the standard wireless Arlo outside?
I've been persevering with a camera at the front of my house for a couple of weeks now. I live is a quite street with a somewhat leafy garden.
After trying numerous locations & camera angles, I'm ready to give up. Wth the motion speed test slder set at 1% I still end up with 100+ alerts each day. It picks up cars, trees & leaves, cats, birds, moths & even shadows on the ground. Even when I aim it directly at the ground it triggers the recording for unknown reasons. Basically it's completely useless for outside use.
Before this goes in the bin, does anyone have any ideas how to rectify this?
I'm only using a single camera (I thought I'd test out a camera before buying a bunch of Arlo Pro's) with the latest firmware etc as of time of writing.
Thanks in advance for you comments.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Its all about positioning. It sounds like you've positioned the camera to take in too large a view. The purpose isn't to be able to do that but to detect motion in a specific area. Post a screenshot so we can see what you're doing.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

A lot of us have experienced that same issue. At my driveway location the system detected passing cars in the street 30-40 feet away which drained my batteries withen a couple of week.  Like yourself, I tried EVERYTHING.  the only solution was to install a DIY Hood :

Capture.PNG