Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor use in extreme weather

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cautious1
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to keep the Arlo wireless cameras outdoors in extreme weather conditions (with the batteries removed) so they appear to be a decoy during all seasons of the year?  (Midwest USA - region)  With the strange activity in our neighborhood, I don't want to remove the cameras, even if the electronics don't work, because it sends a message that I am "watching" - year round!  Criminals don't know what I see, if anything.  Consistency is the key to safety.  Would this compromise the function of my cameras or drastically reduce their life span, if left outdoors year round?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cautious1,

Arlo Wire-Free cameras are designed for outdoor use. Your cameras work in a wide variety of weather conditions, including sun, wind, rain, or snow. Arlo Wire-Free operating temperature is 14° F to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C).

Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cautious1,

Arlo Wire-Free cameras are designed for outdoor use. Your cameras work in a wide variety of weather conditions, including sun, wind, rain, or snow. Arlo Wire-Free operating temperature is 14° F to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C).

Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

JamesC