Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outage going on too long here

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Calagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased two cameras about a year ago.  Suddenly not recording or detecting motion.  I have chatted with support, they said there is a known issue and they are working on it but in the meantime (weeks) I have no security.  How do I resolve this?? Don't know how to find the model I have either, just chose the first one in the options in order to put this message out there. 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's currently no outage. What are the base LeDs showing? WHat have you tried? Can you do anything at all?

It may be fastest to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Let us know about the above stuff first, though.

Calagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

The power LED is on, the internet LED is blinking and the camera connection LED is solid, the rest are off.  We have completlely disconnected and reconnected several times including restarting the base and tried making a new mode. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Camera LED is what color - green or amber? It sounds like green.

Calagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Green

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you're left with removing all Devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. I would also hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and then claim it using Add Devicee from the Devices tab. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

Be sure to note all settings, mode, rules and schedule before resetting to speed the rebuilding.

Calagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, we will give it a try, thank you.  I'll let you know the outcome.

Calagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

DUDE!!!  It worked, I'm back in business!!  I cannot thank you enough!!  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Glad it worked!