Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Original Arlo recharge the batteries needed to run the camera?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Zonak73
Follower
Follower

I have both the original and Arlo pro and think they are helpful but my biggest problem is that with the original Arlo I'm constantly buying new batteries and their not cheap. My question is does Net Gear have any kind of buy back plan or discount towards exchanging the expensive original Arlo or does anyone. Know of a hack to be able to recharge the batteries needed to run the camera? Also I wish someone would have informed me at best buy that the arlo pro would be released 2 months after I purchased the original. I believe that Netgear should have made that announcement to all stores selling there product. As if that would have ever happened. Seriously though I get pissed off every time I get a message from the netgear tram telling me my Arlo is getting tired, it's not like they are making any money when i have to purchase new batteries. Well that's it if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear what you have to say thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No buy-back program exists so you'd need to sell them. However, there already are certified rechargeable batteries for these cameras as noted in the accessories for the camera here. I use them myself. 

That said, batteries can be purchased in the $1.50-$1.75 range from the Internet and can be found with a quick search online. Also, you may need to reconsider recording/viewing practices and maybe camera positioning. 5 minutes or less of live view and recording per day is what's needed for spec battery life. If you're getting false triggers or have the cameras getting the street ion the view leading to more recordings, review the FAQs here for better positioning.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

And, as a PS...

There are some mods/hacks to wire the cameras... as long as your not worried about warranty

Do some searching.

Tho the rechargables do solve many battery isues and long term cost, they must be changed a bit more often as they have about 1/2 the power capacity as OEM

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------