Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One went offline after battery. Reinstalled camera but won't sync anymore?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdhklh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras (all model VMC3030)  I have one that went offline the day before I went to recharge all the batteries.  After all batteries were recharged and reinstalled in the cameras I am still unable to sync the one camera.  I have swapped batteries with a working camera, did the factory reset on the camera, deleted the camera and tried to add it back to the base station.  Now I cannot add the camera back to the base station.  When I reinstall the batteries I get the blue light to come on but it does not flash but stays on for about 3-5 seconds and then goes off.  Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdhklh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you jguerdat (Guru) for your response.  Yes, I had tried pushing the SYNC button on the base station and the camera, all that would happen is they would both flash for several minutes and then finally stop but the camera would not flash, the blue light on the camera did not change to any other color, it just simply stopped flashing.  Now for the good news I was able to find a solution.  I shut down the base station and restarted it, after the base station restarted I was able to add the one camera back to the base station.  I guess the moral of the story is when all else fails reboot.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Closing the battery door should get you a brief blue LED to indicate power being supplied. Not flashing after that means it didn't connect. Did you push the base and camera sync buttons to initiate syncing? Does the camera blink a slow blue to indicate it's trying to sync? What happens after that - rapid blue or amber?

rdhklh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you jguerdat (Guru) for your response.  Yes, I had tried pushing the SYNC button on the base station and the camera, all that would happen is they would both flash for several minutes and then finally stop but the camera would not flash, the blue light on the camera did not change to any other color, it just simply stopped flashing.  Now for the good news I was able to find a solution.  I shut down the base station and restarted it, after the base station restarted I was able to add the one camera back to the base station.  I guess the moral of the story is when all else fails reboot.