Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of 4 Arlo wire free cameras will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tcioffi
Follower
Follower

Arlo wire free cameras were working fine.  Then one stopped syncing. Since firmware updates automatically and I can't access any of the camera's information, I don't know when the firmware last updated. I have changed batteries several times.  When trying to sync, the blue light flashes to show searching for the base station. The base station will eventually stop blinking but the camera won't stop unless I open the battery cover and reclose. There is no interference as I placed the camera 3 inches from the base station. 

We bought a new camera thinking something went wrong with the one that won't sync and the new one won't sync either.  We are using a free account so should be able to connect up to 15 cameras at a time, correct? I'm afraid to reset the whole system for fear I will lose the cameras that are currently working.

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had a camera that wouldn't sync even when I put it right next to the base station on the same shelf. I recorded a 2 minutes and 30 seconds video showing the camera blinking blue while the base station blinked green as they tried to sync. After a lot of frustration, I moved my base station a few feet further away from my wifi router and voila, the camera sync'd within a few seconds and has remained sync'd since then with no problems. Give that a try before you look at a system factory reset

jwmccloskey
Tutor
Tutor

One camera quit and the batteries were still at 50% charge. Now it won't sync with the base station even with new batteries. Camera is 4N75657X8BF51

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I just saw another thread that fixed a non-sync'ing camera with a restart of the wifi router before a restart of the base station, which also to me confirms the wifi interference theory. Give that a try if moving your base station doesn't work

jwmccloskey
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the try Steve, but I just tried that and that didn't work.

jwmccloskey
Tutor
Tutor

I think I need to send it back or get it repaired but I can't make contact with Arlo by internet or phone

jwmccloskey
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried every thing. Nothing helps. I need a number to call Arlo or Netgear

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you able to turn off your 2.4GHz wifi network completely, just temporarily?