Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera offline, 5 camera system has stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bennyc
Follower
Follower

One of my cameras has been offline and I recall the battery being around 78% when i last checked.  I also try to turn it on and off from smartthings but it remains offline.

Additionally, I just noticed my 5 camera setup has stopped recording for 2 days already.  Is this issue still going on?  Or how can I resolve this because I tried to re-sync the cameras already and it started working again but it went offline again.  Additionally, I rebooted in hopes of getting the recordings to start again but nothing.

HELP!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you're using smartthings integration, you may find your cameras record to smartthings SHM instead of to the Arlo servers. To fix this, you'll need to delete smartthings mode from Arlo and use ARMED or a custom mode, but if you have routines controlling arlo, it will automatically default to creating and using smartthings mode.
If you edit the rules in smartthing mode, you'll notice they say things like (camera A serial number) detects motion and triggers (camera B serial number) to do nothing. This is by design. You either get Arlo to control the system or smartthings. If you get smartthings to control everything, you shouldn't need to go into the Arlo app