Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera failed to connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rotheone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys,

Bought a 2 camera arlo wirefree setup with the base station today. Set it up and all was going well. Have gone interstate for work (part of my motivation for the cameras) and now one of them has seemingly locked up/stopped responding.

I get an error in arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras for this particular camera saying "The camera failed to connect, try again". Trying again does not help. In the arlo app on my iphone its showing the camera as busy and similiarly i cant get it to do anything.

I tried restarting the base station but can't do that because it says one of the cameras is busy.

What good is a system I can't remotely reboot to fix what i suspect is some kind of software glitch? I can't exactly take the batteries out and reload them when i am 1000km away...

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rotheone,

Would it be possible for you to have someone check the camera for you? It sounds like a base station reboot/camera reboot (open and close the battery compartment door) may be needed.

How is the signal strength for the affected camera? Poor signal strength can cause issues when trying to establish a connection.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most common solutions are.....

in PC , try anothe browser to access

In Phone, Force a stop, clear cache and reboot phone with power button... If that's ng, delete and reinstall the app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rotheone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Tried the above still same issue. I get the message in the iOS app "unable to play. Please try again."

It does look like it's communicating with the camera as it thinks for a sec when you open the app and updates it's battery status etc at the top just can't update the live preview or get any alerts.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rotheone,

Would it be possible for you to have someone check the camera for you? It sounds like a base station reboot/camera reboot (open and close the battery compartment door) may be needed.

How is the signal strength for the affected camera? Poor signal strength can cause issues when trying to establish a connection.

JamesC

rotheone
Aspirant
Aspirant
After we opened and closed the battery compartment the camera became responsive again.

It's right next to my router so has full bars signal.

Annoying but hopefully not a common occurrence.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that a power outage, perhaps brief, could cause the camera to not reconnect to the base when the base starts up again.