Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Camera Keeps Disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Wschlicht1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done everything. I have called and it still keeps disconnecting. I have 3. 2 out of 3 work and it's getting frustrating. I have deleted everything and readded everything. Yet after a day it disconnects. I am about to switch products. Had it a year and now having issues. Help???? Customer service was ok but didn't fix it long term .. do I need to ask for a replacement camera?

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you moved the camera to a new location recently? What is the distance between the camera & the base station? What firmware version is the camera running?

Wschlicht1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have. It's about 4-5 feet away from the base station. As for firmware it's 1.12.00_27099 and I did check for an update and said there was not one at this time
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Wschlicht1
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS I responded to an email from someone but noone has called ever since I gave that info. Should I call in with the case number?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Absolutely. Don't wait for them.

Dcnoonkester
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have a disconnect issue with 1 of 2 cameras. @jguerdat I Had them since April with no issue. One disconnects and drains battery recently. Rebooted everything and swapped the two cameras. Same camera in different location still disconnects. The camera moved to location that used to be the problem is fine. Recently bought new batteries (1 of three new batteries doesn’t charge above 20% as well.). All of this disproves WiFi issues or interference. I bring the bad camera inside, beside the home base, it still disconnects.

Wschlicht1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Call them. They got me a replacement and it has been working fantastic again! I had about 2 phone calls with them and they said let's replace it and see. And boom fixed 🙂