Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Arlo Camera Keeps Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
DaddyRat1
Follower
Follower

I have four cameras reporting to my base station.  Within the last month, one of them keeps going offline.  I've put fresh batteries into the camera and even "re-synched" it with the base station.  Seems like it comes online, works for a few hours, then eventually goes offline (while the other cameras continue to operate consistently).  Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Take the "troubled" camera and swap it with one of the good ones.... this would see if the problem follows the camera or it's location.

If you fing the issue follows the camera, then contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Karlind25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have five Arlo cameras and one camera that keeps going offline.  I've changed batteries, and switched it out with other location.   Cannot get it to stay connected. 

Firmware: 1.2.11810; hardware: H7

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. If that doesn't work, open a case with support.

Jberner258421
Aspirant
Aspirant
I right there with you! So frustrating. I’m getting ready to return it and go with drop camera. When I plug the camera in, it immediately comes online line. We I remove the power source, offline! I don’t understand. I’ve tried to re sync multiple times to no avail. How did you fix your issue?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jberner258421,

Which model camera do you have? It sounds like depleted batteries could be the issue. Have you tried installing a fresh set?

JamesC

tonyastro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup. I'm getting the same problem. First with my 3rd camera (fixed it by changing batteries) and just now my 1st camera that never had a problem before is also going offline. I've only had this 3 camera setup for 1.5 weeks and already so many problems! I'm considering returning it to Costco and get a better brand.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tonyastro,

How far is the camera from the base station? Try temporarily bringing the camera close to the base station to see if you still experience the issue. Do you know what the signal strength Icon showed for the camera in the position that was giving you trouble?

JamesC

jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo 3030 camera keeps going offline as of yesterday. No problems with others. Recharged batteries and tried new ones. Only difference is I added a pro 2 camera to the system yesterday. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try pulling the battery on the new camera. Still have the problem? Have you tried removing the camera that's dropping off from Settings, My Devices and resyncing it?

tonyastro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. It worked and hasn't gone offline since. I'm just worried it would happen when I'm out of town. I won't be able to fix it from where I am.