Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is beyond frustrating.  Once again, no video being recorded since last night.  I know what support will say - go unplug the base unit and plug it back in.  That is not an acceptable answer!  This system is not reliable and is not providing the protection it was promised to provide.

At least send me a notification if you the base system stops talking to the Cloud so I know to go reset it.  Finding out after the fact that someone was in my back yard is not going to cut it.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to say but are the running men black, not gray? Can you live view and record? Can you test motion and see if you can get detection and recording? Is the Internet LED on the base lit and green? More details may help figure this out.

frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

it's back to normal now and did require another restart.  This thing has been rock solid for a couple of months and these problems only started when Netgear started having problems in their cloud.  

I strongly suggest that they add a feature to provide email/text notification when the base unit has failed to communicate to Arlo's cloud within a set period of time.  At least I can then proactively reset the device, rather than waiting to figure out that the thing isn't recording.  

During this issue, I could ping my base unit and I was able to access the base unit via the cloud and instruct it to reset.  I just couldn't get to any of the cameras  and they wouldn't record or detect motion.  The remote reset via the cloud resolved the issue.  I didn't even have to pull the power cord.

Boat52
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still no indication that a camera has a recording when I open the camera page. Also went through a period this past weekend  when I did not receive alerts. As an aside, I cannot add my aol email address but gmail account adds OK. Can't figure that one out.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One more click would get you to the Library page so you can check status. Dunno about AOL - sounds like they're blocking Arlo or Netgear for some reason.