Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
knutegalute
Guide
Guide

In the first 2 months of using system everything was working fine.  Just noticed that it sometimes take more than 1/2 hr for a recording to show up in the library and then send the email notification.  I get a push alert immediately. We are having very cold temperatures, not sure if that is the cause.  Batteries are fine and I can view cameras live just fine.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
knutegalute
Guide
Guide

Netgear said they have implemented a fix for this.  After "rebooting" the system, everything is working now.  Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Several people are posting the same or similar issues, and today I started having the same problem as you. It's apparently a problem with the recent update, or something associated with it. I've read here that they are aware of and are working on it, but there's no central location that I can find on this forum that informs everyone.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

knutegalute, mep123

Are you still noticing a delay for e-mail alerts/recordings?

JamesC

knutegalute
Guide
Guide

Netgear said they have implemented a fix for this.  After "rebooting" the system, everything is working now.  Thanks,

Trauma110446
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello I have a new arlo security system first three days it worked fine now three of six cameras are not detecting motion kr recording?? What should i do? Please advise
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a number of reasons from the batteries being dead from overuse (rated life is based on 5 minutes per day total time recording and/or live viewing) to the mode in use having been changed.  

Start by retsrating the base using the power switch and verify that there are 3 green LEDs on the left (power, Internet and camera) after a couple of minutes.

Then, are the running men in the Cameras tab black or gray?  Black means the camera is armed and should be detecting motion and recording while gray means disarmed and nothing will happen.  If gray, you'll need to check your modes and rules in the Mode tab, click on your base and see what mode is selected.  Edit that mode and verify each and every rule in there is set properly.  If the only modes are Armed and Disarmed, check the Armed mode which should have all cameras listed in it with settings of 80 for sensitivity, 10 seconds for recording time and email and push notifications enabled.  Don't modify this mode - if desired, make your own custom mode with appropriate rules instead.

Next, try opening and closing battery doors and observe the LED on the face of the camera.  It should blink blue slowly and then rapidly.  If it's a slow amber blink, that's a battery issue.  If slow blue and then amber, the camera isn't connecting to the base and may need to be resynced.