Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@davero wrote:

cams = H6 & H7

FYI, these are hardware revision codes, not camera models.  These Hx codes are re-used in more than one camera model, so they are not helpful in identifying your cameras.

You can either

• open the housing, remove the battery, and look for a label inside
  • go into the support center in the app, select the camera, and scroll down to the product ID field.

@davero wrote:

base = VMB301r2

None of the currently sold cameras are compatible with this base.  However, most of them (main exceptions being the Ultras) can be connected directly to your home wifi, without using a base.

If you do want to use a base with the newer cameras, you'll need to purchase a VMB4540 or VMB4000 smarthub.

While your legacy cameras have free 7-day cloud storage, none of the current cameras have that. So you will need an Arlo Secure subscription for Cloud Storage.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@davero wrote:

cams = H6 & H7

FYI, these are hardware revision codes, not camera models.  These Hx codes are re-used in more than one camera model, so they are not helpful in identifying your cameras.

You can either

• open the housing, remove the battery, and look for a label inside
  • go into the support center in the app, select the camera, and scroll down to the product ID field.

@davero wrote:

base = VMB301r2

None of the currently sold cameras are compatible with this base.  However, most of them (main exceptions being the Ultras) can be connected directly to your home wifi, without using a base.

If you do want to use a base with the newer cameras, you'll need to purchase a VMB4540 or VMB4000 smarthub.

While your legacy cameras have free 7-day cloud storage, none of the current cameras have that. So you will need an Arlo Secure subscription for Cloud Storage.