Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Offline every day

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Orginalgnu
Aspirant
Aspirant
The last 6 months my cameras loses contact with the base station every day and sometimes several times a day. I have good WiFi connection and haven’t moved the cameras and the cameras consumes battery’s like crazy. Any idea what cause this problem.
7 REPLIES 7
BarryN
Tutor
Tutor

This is probably due to this known issue...

I will post on Facebook and other web sites concerning the TOTAL inadequacy of Arlo's support and their product design which is a total JOKE! How anyone would design a wifi access product not only not allow you to set a clear wifi access channel but also to DELIBERATELY choose the STRONGEST channel with the MOST interference is totally mind blowing!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Orginalgnu

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Orginalgnu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, some cursing, more cursing an unplugging the base station (several times). Taking out the battery’s from the cameras. Punching the little synchronizing button on the cameras. All help and tips are welcome
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Orginalgnu

If you move one of the cameras with the offline issue next to the base station, does it go offline like before?

Orginalgnu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll try that tomorrow.
Thanks
Orginalgnu
Aspirant
Aspirant
The cameras has been working for almost a week but now it’s offline again. Trued your tip but it’s all the same. Do you have some other advise?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Orginalgnu

If you tried testing the camera a few feet from the base & it still goes offline, I would suggest contacting customer support as there may be another issue occurring with the camera. I have provided the support link here: Arlo Tech Support