Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Offline base station

Discussion stats
Kycolonel
Follower
Follower

Contrary to what others are saying on here, my base station is showing offline on all 5 cameras and I do have all three green lights on. I was using 4 cameras without any problems, then I purchased another camera to add on. Once I added it on, I begin having trouble with it freezing up, cameras were showing anywhere from 2 to 16 new videos but none was showin gup in the library so no way to delete them, some of the cameras worked & some didn't so I did a reset of the base station, now it is offline and I do have 3 green lights.

45 REPLIES 45
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs doing? Should be 3 green ones. If not, give details.

Mbentleychp
Tutor
Tutor
3 solid steady green. The alert going off for motion but days everything offline.
Mbentleychp
Tutor
Tutor
Reset n power off tried
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this true for all cameras?  If not, try swapping cameras around to see if the problem follows the camera.  Otherwise, I suspect you have a bad base that will require a trouble ticket to get fixed.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mbentleychp,

What browser/app are you experiencing this on? Is it an intermittent issue or is it always showing offline? Consider trying a different browser and/or a different device to see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC

tmarciel
Arlo Employee Retired

Can I be away from the base station to add it back after deactivating? Or is it best to be near the base station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Since you'd have to resync the cameras, only being in the same location would be useful. You can restart the base remotely, though.
tmarciel
Arlo Employee Retired
sonzo56
Aspirant
Aspirant

We recently went Wi-Fi with Xfinity and had to plug the NetGear base station into the main router.  It show all cameras offline but still records.  Any help on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.  The fifth camera had been turned off because it is inside and used only when we are away.  I cannot get a recordin from that camera because I can't turn it on.

The USB (furthest right light on the bottom of the base flashes amber..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB LED should be off.  Try power cycling the base.  If it's still flashing, the base has an issue - create a trouble ticket.

AnthonyJR4206
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is ridiculous i purchased this camera from frys about 3-4 months ago and the camera was awsome i loved unfortunately had to return it because i needed the money 2 days ago i went to frys and the price for the camera went up 40 to 50 bucks i figured well they must have worked out all the minor problems so i still purchased it and im haveing the same offline problems as everyone else is i cant believe the price went up but the camera is not what it use to be please fix im anout 3 hours away from returning this item im sure the problem wont be fixed so you lost a member of the communitu bye
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a defective system (swap it) or it could be the display.  Try both the app and a browser.  The latest Android app is having issues showing cameras offline when they in fact are working. If this is the issue, create a trouble ticket to raise awareness.

eagle1825
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station is about 14 months old. Up until a few months ago, I had zero problems with the base station going offline (middle LED orange). Now it does it multiple times a day but only for 30 sec or so, then turns green on its own. I have restarted the base station, but the problem remains.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that either the base is starting to have issues or something about the Internet connection is flaky.  The latter could be the cable, router, modem or anything beyond.  If your general Internet use works during the time when the base LED is amber, that may bring it down to a possible issue with the cable, base or router port.

You can try resetting the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base and resync the cameras.

judithmarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant
This not a reply as I am angry at this point. I have reset the modem, router, and attempted to reset the arlo base station. I have internet. I have wifi. The arlo base was successfully removed from the app and the cable was changed but it will not reset ie the led lights never flash AND it cannot be readded to the app. Help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Reset is accomplished by jsikng only the reset button for several seconds until the amber LED flashing. If that's not happening, your best and fastest bet is go contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
bhattionline9
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo base station is down since yesterday evening and I am away. Could u please let me know if there was some sw push yesterday or outage?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No outage or update. Make sure the modem, router and base is working properly - power cycle could be useful. Also, try using both the app and a browser.
bilob
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, after a black out my arlo pro base and all the cams (i have three arlo pro cams) are offline. I'm not at home. I just want to observe my home as it is supposed to do. I asked my father to check my equipment and help me to unplug and replug everything. The base LED indicators are all solid green. Everything seems fine, but the iOS Apps and the web site show that everything is offline.

What can i do? Remember, i am not at home at the moment. This should not happen otherwise this very expensive equipment is very useless for me.... .

So what can i do???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you'll need to resync the cameras to restore utility.  This has been an issue for some time when a loss of power causes the cameras to not be able to successfully connect to the base for an unknown reason. We suggest using a UPS/battery backup for your modem, router and base to prevent this from happening.  A 750VA unit for ~$100 will last for many hours and you can go up from there, depending on how long a typical outage is expected to last.  Doesn't help you right now but will down the road.

Right now, you'll likely have to remove the cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync them.

bilob
Tutor
Tutor

No, you got me wrong. The entire base was offline, this is of course why also the cameras were shown as "offline".

I was able to solve the problem by setting the base to factory reset after i came home. But this is not acceptable to me. The entire network and all clients were working fine after the black out. Only arlo stopped working completely.

Of course A UPS Batery would avoid this. But i think this is a software or service issue netgear should analyze and solve... .