Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Kycolonel
Follower
Follower

Contrary to what others are saying on here, my base station is showing offline on all 5 cameras and I do have all three green lights on. I was using 4 cameras without any problems, then I purchased another camera to add on. Once I added it on, I begin having trouble with it freezing up, cameras were showing anywhere from 2 to 16 new videos but none was showin gup in the library so no way to delete them, some of the cameras worked & some didn't so I did a reset of the base station, now it is offline and I do have 3 green lights.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kycolonel,

Welcome to the community!  Just to clarify, did you perform a factory reset of the base station?  If not, follow the steps in that link to perform the factory reset and then resync each camera individually to the base station.  The second green light from the left indicates your base station is connected to the internet.  If you're still getting a "base station offline error," clear your browser cache and make sure Flash Player is up to date.  Let me know if you're still having trouble!

JamesC

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kycolonel,

Welcome to the community!  Just to clarify, did you perform a factory reset of the base station?  If not, follow the steps in that link to perform the factory reset and then resync each camera individually to the base station.  The second green light from the left indicates your base station is connected to the internet.  If you're still getting a "base station offline error," clear your browser cache and make sure Flash Player is up to date.  Let me know if you're still having trouble!

JamesC

ES
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with all 3 lights being green and basestation and cameras offline.  I did the factory reset and resynced the cameras.  I also cleared cache and the flashdriver seems to up to date and working fine.  What else can I do?  Do I have do a "new system setup" since I did the factory reset?  Do I have to deactivate?  It was working fine when I first set it up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ES,

Welcome to the community! If you performed a factory reset of the base station then you will need to log back into your account and navigate to Settings and then to Base Station Settings and click the Deactivate button to release the serial number. After the base station is fully removed you then will need to navigate to Settings and then to Subscription and then click Add a Base Station. After the base station comes back online with a solid internet LED you may then resync each of your cameras individually. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

rmajrfullforce
Tutor
Tutor

Is the Server down? I have all GREEN lights on and for whatever reason, I get that error that the base station is offline.

Did all the trouble shooting that all these boards have posted? It was working fine for 3 days until this morning when I went to go check an alert.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team is making several updates to the cloud and to all the apps as a part of the new release today. Some users may experience issues during this process and we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. We expect the issues to be resolved in a very short time frame and request you to try using Arlo again in 60 minutes

JamesC

Arlophile
Guide
Guide

A notice in advance for future distruptive updates would be appreciated. Would have saved climbing the ladder, changing batteries, restarting routers....

jvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

is that why base station and cameras are saying offline,  when every other device I have at home is online,  have tried everything on the base station and all lights are telling me it is on line,  only had this for one day, if there is a problem at you end just let me know, and I will wait it out, if not I can take back to best buy

jim p

rmajrfullforce
Tutor
Tutor
Yup...seems server is down. All my lights are still on, but can't connect to view video. States several issues depending when I access I guess

Server connect failed, base station not connected, system currently offline.

I'm hoping this updated mentioned above resolves this. I just checked one of my cameras a minute ago and was able to view.. checked the others and the error came back on.

Doesn't help that I have Net gear everything SMH.
Arlophile
Guide
Guide

Rather than trying to view camers though iPhone app, I log in on to arlo.netgear.com line and select "mode". Shows my device (router) is (Offline).

If I select Camera - is simply says "your device is offline". 

Until Netgear finishes their push (as listed above), a LOT of Christmas customers are going to be confused and look to return seemingly faulty equipment. I suggest you don't fight the wait in the return line just yet, but if this unannounced outage (during daytime service!) happens again....

arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide

After a 9 outage since the problem on the 19th, mine is now back up.

I was experiencing the "offline" issue.

Here's what I did:

- Factory reset my netgear base station (hold down reset on the back and sync button)

- Power cycled both my netgear base station and modem (unplug power cable from unit for 15 seconds - plug modem back in 1st, wait for it to be fully up and then plug in netgear)

- Restart base station

- Deactivated base station from myarlo browser login (not mobile app)

- Reactivate base station from browser login

- power down wireless camera (remove and re-insert batteries)

- Resync camera with base station

Not working 100%

Hope this helps someone!

Still no clue what happened. But grateful to be back up and running.

Arlophile
Guide
Guide

Thanks!

Router restart caused firmware update from 1.6.2_4344 to 1.7.0_4546. Did not check the camera before the restart but now have 1.2.2688

Also updated the app on the iPhone.

I presume the outage was worth the wait, but have not seen a list of new features other than what was listed on the iphone app (armed and disarmed) but assume these work only with "Q" as standard does not support audio.

AgroCragg
Aspirant
Aspirant
All cameras were offline for me. Here is my story;

I have a brand new wifi router and a brand new AC1200 netgear extender. I have my base hooked up to my extender. All 4 cameras work great. I go to bed and wake up and it says all 4 offline. Hmm. My internet is working and I look at the base and the middle light is orange. I had to turn off the base and turn it back on and all cameras are now working.

This is a problem. It also happened earlier in the day an I chalked it up to being an Internet glitch. But 2x now. Obviously nothing on my end is an issue since my internet, router and extender are all working. How can a security system work if it's unreliable! If I wasn't home and was on vacation, I'm **bleep** out of luck until the base was physically reset? Someone please talk me off the ledge.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

don't jump....

But, since your using an extender, is it possible the extender is dropping out for a short time in the 24 hr cycle and then not letting the base restore internet.

The easiest way would be eliminate the extender and go direct and see if it occurs overnight when directly into the router

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
j1stealth
Star
Star

This is similar to my setup.  It has been working for more than 6 months and all the sudden stop working..  Support is to no help.  The system keeps going offline and drain my batteries in less than a week.  In the past 1 month, I have gone through 3 set of batteries.  I am not sure what else to do. Their support is horrible!!  They tell me try different batteries and open my router port 80 and 443 but don't tell me how to do it.  I am using 2 apple extreme router.. ahhh..

AgroCragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm giving my system another few days, maybe a week. If this continues to happen, I will take everything down, and return it all to Amazon. I don't have the hours in the day to 'troubleshoot' with technicians - either it works, or it doesn't. With my setup, I know for a fact it's nothing on my end - I even had my internet provided re-run a new cable from the box on the street to my home (for something separate). We shall see.

I had seen a post earlier (maybe review on amazon) about why netgear would release a system with this many problems. I'm now seeing it first hand. I guess if it's 50% working, it's good enough to put on the shelves.

Kennymb5384
Star
Star
Agreed. This is ridiculous. These things are offline at least once a day. I updated my entire wireless network and no for a fact I have a great signal. Wifi explorer shows my connection at 99% and the app shows my camera has full set of bars, but still is offline and useless.
canuckanoe
Initiate
Initiate
I'm starting to question why I bought this product in the first place, why after less than a week of purchasing it and installing it do I have to do a factory reset? That makes me doubt of the quality of the product. Will perform a factory reset and if this continues I'll have no choice but to return this faulty product
canuckanoe
Initiate
Initiate

Even after performing a factory reset to my base station it still keeps going offline, why is that a reputable company like Netgear is putting their name behind a product that obvioulsy doesn't work?!?!

I'm about to return this product to bestbuy and get a full refund, I was trying to avoid the costs of installation of a wired security system, but I'm guessing that will be 100% more reliable than ARLO which I can only rely on one thing, it will go offline at least once a day!

Complete dissapointment.

j1stealth
Star
Star
Don't do factory reset. It doesn't work! I have done many times. You need to remove the system from you account and add it back. Anyhow. Good luck. I won't follow this thread anymore.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

canuckanoe,

Are you receiving an error message that is telling you your base station is offline? What is the behavior of the internet LED when you are noticing this? Do you see this across all devices?

JamesC

Gary66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read this post. Reset, did it all. Does not work. It's your system. Stop blaming us. It si your equipment. This offline is your problem. Fix It. I bought this unit 2/25/16, if not working by Mondat norning It is going back to the store. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gary66,

What offline issue are you having? Are you seeing an error message indicating the camera or base station is offline? What is the behavior of the internet LED on your base station? Please give us more details about the issue so we can assist.

JamesC

Gary66
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base unit kept cumming up as offline. All the lights were green. Even though following all the instructions it would not go on line. An entire day wasted going through the try this and try that to no avail. Then I performed the tried and trued method of uninstalling the base unit. I even uninstalled the app. Reinstalled the app and then the base unit, and guess what????? It now works. 

Mbentleychp
Tutor
Tutor
I'm offline and reset does nothing. What gives.