Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Off-Line Notification

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OspreyNow
Follower
Follower

Why is there no "Off-Line Notification"? 

Had I known that this was not available, I would not have purchased Arlo Cameras and will not recommend them to ANYONE unless this feature is added. 

It is unbelievable why the Arlo System doesn't keep a log when the Base Station has taken out from the power supply or when the internet connection has been lost. In this case, it would be very easy for anyone to cut off the internet connection, or even the power supply, from outside the house and stop the ARLO camera's to record while they are easily entering the property.

This failure makes the whole ARLO system highly UNSAFE and kind of USELESS.  I'm very very disappointed that there is no such a feature! Please implement it as soon as possible!

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
You’re not alone, some users get around the issue by placing a UPS on the base and router/modem to work around the issue.

They would also need to cover the internet and power entry to the property where they can cut access with a camera so you know when it happens.

If you have a Base station on ups then you should get recordings to the USB storage if implemented, although you won’t get recordings from any externally Ac powered cameras unless the house power is also cut.