Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My app is not showing my videos

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app is not showing me the alert videos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the reset again, deleted the app and reinstalled it to my phone it reconnects the hub and then it says it is trying to update. However it does not give me any device information. It never is successful in updating the hub.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig7stw wrote:
My app is not showing me the alert videos

Do you have a subscription in force?

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant
No
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig7stw wrote:
No

That could explain it.

What cameras do you have?

Also what base (if any)?

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 the wire free cameras with the vmb3500 base
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig7stw wrote:
I have 4 the wire free cameras with the vmb3500 base

OK.  Then you should have free 7-day cloud storage, and shouldn't need a subscription.

Can you make a manual recording while live streaming one of the cameras?  

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

No

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig7stw wrote:

No

What status are you seeing on the base LEDs?  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

Have you tried restarting the base?

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

The power light is solid green, the internet light is sometimes solid green and then sometimes a fast flashing green, the cameras light is green

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to restart the base, I have tried a reset and still I never get the cameras to show up 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig7stw wrote:

I have tried to restart the base, I have tried a reset and still I never get the cameras to show up 

After the reset - did you remove the cameras and base from the account, and then try to re-add them

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What does the web browser display? Do you have another device you can test this with?

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app only shows 2 of the cameras but it doesn't find the other two. I cannot see any live video. It does not trigger and send any notifications for either camera. I could possibly try it on my tablet. At this point I am totally frustrated with the system. Thanks for your help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you mention resetting the base, did you perform a factory reset per this article here? I see the base is currently offline, can you bring it online for troubleshooting. https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I did the factory reset. I cannot do anything on it. When I pull up the app it shows me 2 cameras but I cannot watch live or get any notification from either one. The other 2 cameras will not show up. I have tried to sync them but it will not sync.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you power on your base station, It's off at the moment. 

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just unplug it and plugged it back in. It was on before and all the lights were green and they are back on and are green with the internet one flickering intermediately.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are the LED lights green right now? It is still appearing as offline. 

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes they are green with the internet one flashing
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If a factory reset did not help, There is a chance the base station has hardware failure.

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

What could I do to confirm that the base is bad? If it is bad can I purchase just a base if so how much would it cost?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can try a factory reset via these instructions again: https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

You can remove the cameras from your app then perform the factory reset on the base station. If all is well you should be able to claim the base station and onboard the cameras and they be viewable on the web/App.

Craig7stw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the reset again, deleted the app and reinstalled it to my phone it reconnects the hub and then it says it is trying to update. However it does not give me any device information. It never is successful in updating the hub.