Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JeffGott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I' m running Arlo Secure version 4.10.5 (7198) on my iPad and iPhone. When I get video feeds from a camera when a location is armed, the notification icon appears on both the iPhone and iPad with the number of videos recorded. If I delete all of the video feeds on one of my devices, the notification icon disappears on that device. The notification icon on the other device will still show the number of video feeds that were previosly recorded.

The app should check the number of video feeds when loading and update the notification icon. In my case, there should not be an icon shown if there are no video feeds.

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The badge counter on the other device should reset after opening the Arlo Secure app. The device that was not used to delete the content will update after logging in. 

JeffGott
Aspirant
Aspirant

The badge counter on the device that did not delete content does NOT update when re-opening. I’ve even turned the phone off and back on which does not work either.

The only way I’ve found that works is to uninstall/reinstall the Arlo Secure app. This is not a solution.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JeffGott 

Does the issue occur both ways, if you select feed on iPhone and the badge counter resets on the iPhone, does the iPad update when you open the Arlo app? 

If you Select feed the iPad and the iPad bag counter is reset, does the iPhone badge counter reset when you open the App?

Are both devices running iOS 17? and the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 4.10.6?

JeffGott
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue does occur both ways.

Once I have a feed, the badge counters on both devices update correctly. If I delete the feed on one device, the badge counter will reset on that device. The badge counter on the other device stays the same no matter what I do. If I get another feed, the badge icons will reset correctly on both devices. This issue only happens when feeds are deleted on one of the devices.

Both the iPad and iPhone are running iOS 17.1.1 and Arlo Secure mobile app 4.10.6.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, I will notify the team and report back as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JeffGott 

Does this issue still occur with the latest version of the iOS Arlo app 4.11? 

If you do not see this update you can remove and re-install The app to force the update. 

JeffGott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled 4.10.6 and installed version 4.11 on both my iPad and iPhone. The badge counters were both zero and there were no feeds on either device. I then armed my house and waited for a couple notifications that a person was detected. The badge counters on both devices was now at 2 - which was correct.

I then deleted both feeds on my iPhone and the badge counter went to zero. The badge counter on my iPad remained at 2 even though there were no feeds on the iPad. I stopped and restarted the app on my iPad and the counter remained at 2.

So, it doesn't appear this issue is resolved.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JeffGott If you select and view the feed in the app on the ipad does the badge counter return to 0 on the badge counter?

JeffGott
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. The only way it resets is if new feeds come in or if I uninstall/reinstall the app.

JeffGott
Aspirant
Aspirant

One note: I have two locations so maybe that has something to do with this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JeffGott 

A team member sent you an email regarding this issue. Can you check your inbox to see if you received Jeff's inquiry?

Thank you 

JeffGott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I responed to the email.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, I let Jeff know.