Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MoeGorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good day. Suddenly nothing shows in device list, not even base station. Pushed 'reset' on base several different times on base unit but it doesn't actually reset it to factory defaults as previous vids still showing in app. Power light green, internet green, camera light solid amber. When trying to sync cams, process seems to work as documented but cam light on base shows amber after the sycing is completed. 4 cams, none showing up in device list after the sync attempts. Replaced batteries in all. Verified internet through ethernet cable on laptop. Removed/replaced app on phone. No luck on laptop either. Netgear showing on wifi network. 2 months left on warranty but don't want to return as first option. Will try Netgear support if no luck here. (also had red camera issue but can't tell which one now since this issue has arrised).

Thanks, in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
brh
Master
Master

@MoeGorm

The power cycle reset is different from the factory reset. For the Power cycle hold the power button in for ten seconds.

For the factory reset, you will need a straightened paper clip to push the button inside the reset hole.

Below is the troubleshooting article:

https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it

Below is the link on how to factory reset the system:

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@MoeGorm

Here is another link with other users having the same problem as you:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-base-3rd-light-is-amber-wont-sync-camera/td-p/1344425

If the system was working before, go to the last post on that link to see one person's solution. 

If the system is new, you might have purchased a store return where the previous owner registered the system in his name and did not unregister it before they returned the system. In that case you can either return the system or contact Support at the link at the bottom of this page. They can solve the prior registration problem, but they will have you give them a sales receipt to prove that you indeed purchased it and it is not stolen.

Brian

MoeGorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pushed 'reset' on base several different times on base unit

Thanks Brian but I didn't push the power button to reset. I used my paperclip and pushed 'reset' as I stated above.

Internet light is showing green and the troubleshooting article addresses amber lights on internet. I've scoured the previous articles and tried previous solutions that didn't work in this case. No previous article that I see show the camera LED as amber.

Thanks anyway.

brh
Master
Master

@MoeGorm,

Sorry I haven't been able to help you with your problem so far, so do contact support. The link is at the bottom of the page. I don't know how well they are staffed on the weekend, but it is worth a shot. One more article - you may have seen it before - but it adresses the solid Amber light problem. Go down to James_C's answer. He is somehow affiliated with Arlo.

Brian

MoeGorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I stated that I have 2 months left on warranty so my system is not new anymore. The base station does not show up in devices so previous suggestions on other posts to remove the base unit from the devices list can't work...it isn't there to remove. How does one add the base station in Add Device? Should it not show up automatically?

Thanks.

MoeGorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much, Brian.

brh
Master
Master

@MoeGorm

I am a slow typist and by the time I got done typing I forgot to add the link. LOL

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Camera-light-on-base-station-is-solid-orange/td-p/1333535

Basically it is saying to log into your account on your computer and try to add a device - first the base unit and later the cameras if successful in adding the base.

Since you still have two months left on your warranty if this doesn't work, contact them at the link below and let them resolve the issue.

Gotta admit, I'm trying. LOL

Brian

MoeGorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. There was a recent issue with this and perhaps you have been bitten by it. You'll need to use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras as if new.

SwearEngine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue as well. I did the power reset and that didn't help. I factory reset and that didn't help. I've seen several posts suggesting that I remove the base from the device list but there are no devices in my list.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you used the proper reset procedure (hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber), you then have to use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Simply resetting won't help.

SwearEngine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I used the proper procedure to factory reset. I just went upstairs to try one last time after reading your reply. Now everything's good to go. When I went into the app. to add the Cameras I quickly realized where I screwed up. Initially I chose the Cameras in the list of "add new device". Once I picked the Base everything started working again. That's the kind of mistakes that happen when I rush things and get tunnel vision. Thanks.