Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
pbackstrom
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is nothing in my library except a calendar. I have Mode of All Motion On, with schedule disabled.  The motion sensor is working, I can see from the camera, it's just not recording.  I have Basic service.  Do I need to upgrade to get library?  Other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, go back to Settings, Modes and edit the All Motion On mode.  Ensure that you camera(s) are selected, meaning they should have a green checkmark, not black.  Toggle and save, if necessary, to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No you don't have to upgrade for the Library... just that you storage of vids is 7 days before they auto go into the recycle bin for at least another 7days.

So if you need any videos captured, d/l them.

You should not be seeing the motion detector led from the camera unless the camera is in that mode and will not record...its to test the motion during setup.

Go to Modes, turn on ALL MOTION ON.  Go to the live view camera screen... make sure ALL the cameras haver GREEN "running man" on top of view ( this means the motion record is active ). Now go jump around in fron of the cameras and see if they record now as they should ( and vids will be in library a sec or two after )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
pbackstrom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for helping.  

I have All Motion On in Settings/Modes.  The running man is grey (I only have one camera).  The battery is all green as are the arc shapes.  

If I push the "play" triangle in the picture, I get an updated view with controls below it, and if I push the circled dot, it records a clip which appears in the library.

I tried turning Mode to off and back on, with no difference.  More ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're in the Settings page. That's where you set things up but you need to go to the Mode page (look on the Cameras page) and turn on the All Motion On mode.

pbackstrom
Aspirant
Aspirant

From the camera page, I click the Modes button and get to https://arlo.netgear.com/#/modes.  That is where it is set to All Motion On (and where I was earlier, in addition to Settings). 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, go back to Settings, Modes and edit the All Motion On mode.  Ensure that you camera(s) are selected, meaning they should have a green checkmark, not black.  Toggle and save, if necessary, to see if that helps.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

After you do above, go to MODES and click on ALL MOTION ON... check the running man from the live view camera page.

If the running man is GREEN, motion record is ON ( gray means it is not turned on )

modjeski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Library is frozen at 21 Sep 15. The three cammeras will not connect.

modjeski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing in the library. Frame is frozen at 21 Sept 15. Camera will not connect to base station.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base via pwer button

modjeski
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Reboot by pushing to power button. "This tacic did not work!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

modjeski,

Are you getting an error message on the cameras screen indicating the camera is not connecting? What is the LED behavior of the camera when trying to sync to the base station?

JamesC

powruser
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had the same issue but only resolved as follows after doing all above in thread. Go to www.arlo.com/login (will take you to the "mobile version page" with only buttons to the app). From there go to your mobile browser settings and set "use/request desktop site". Then it will load the normal page to login. Login with same as used on app and check your library via full website there. Then logout and reopen the arlo app. Library was no longer blank in app and video clip were available to view in calender.
LadyBaskerville
Tutor
Tutor

Okay, I did this, and I know there has been motion in my house (my giant dog) and outside people walking by,cars, which used to trigger it. Now I am getting no notifications and no recordings in Library, even though all Motion Detection is selected!   This used to work fine, what is going on??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does live view work? Are the running men in the Cameras tab black or gray?  Black means the cameras should be enabled. If you mean the old All Motion On mode, that may be the issue.  Try using the new Armed mode and see if that makes a difference.  Old modes from last year have caused problems while new ones with exactly the same settings have worked fine.