Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not recording on motion / no emails

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TRPearson
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo system w/ 5 standard model Arlo cameras stopped sending email recently.  After further review I have noticed that it is not recording motion and not sending emails.  I am pretty fluent in security and with Arlo but this one has me stumped.  Is motion on? Yes.  Will system record and save to library manually? Yes.  Are mode settings correct? Yes.  Have I power cycled the base station? Yes, with multiple resets.  Is internet and wireless working? Yes. Have I created a custom mode? Yes.  I have gone as far as to delete all of my cameras from the system and started off by adding a single camera.  It recorded one frame set of me rehanging the camera and has then stopped again.  Only thing I have not done, that I am aware of, if reset the base station to factory settings but I have heard that this can be risky?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove the cameras from Settings > My Devices & re-sync? What firmware is your base station & cameras running?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Others have had emai issues - what's your email provider? Have you tried another?

TRPearson
Aspirant
Aspirant

The re-sync option is not available on my device.  Base station is Firmware 1.12.2.3_2762.  Cameras are 1.3.319.

TRPearson
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat My email is xfinity.net and my wifes is yahoo.com.  Neither are working.  As I mentioned after reconnecting the camera after removing it recorded one piece of video and shot emails to both addresses but then stopped.  Going to investigate it more tonight when I get home.  Will update.

Mypifi
Guide
Guide
Have you got activity zones set? If so more than one zone? I found since the update more than one zone stops it working.