Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
SeaPhoto
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for nothing, Arlo. Our community had an issue and when I checked the video, nothing recorded and there's nothing in the library. We've had this a week and already Arlo has proven to be unreliable. After many restarts throughout the day, still nothing is recording. Waste of time and money.

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure it's a system fault? It's working here and has been. What are the LEDs on the base showing? Are the motion indication icons for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Have you checked the active mode? What have you tried? What do you see?

SeaPhoto
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, I'm positive it's the systems fault.  After many restarts and device removals and adding devices again, there's still LOTS of video that isn't being recorded. It seems to work right after a reboot, but somewhere along the way (within an hour or so) it stops detecting motion again. Motion detection is at 90, base is "armed". We've had this system for about a week and has already let us down. I need something reliable. I don't have the time to sit and watch this system constantly making sure it works. It'll be returned.

wesusingarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was looking for a solution for a problem I have with videos not recording to the library. My cameras worked well up until April 6 and now nothing. I can turn the cameras on in the app and see the video, but nothing new shows up in the library.

Pam1Sadge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently plugged in one camera because the battery was going dead in two days even though it's set on "best battery life" and the sensitivity level is in the middle.  Right after I plugged in the camera is stopped detecting motion.  It does record manually and it detects sound.  I tried a motion sensor test standing right in the camera's view and no lights came on at all.  The device setting appears the same as all the other cameras (I have four).  Any reason why it stopped working?

Pam1Sadge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had many, many issues with my cameras as well.  I also have Nest and it's much more reliable.

@SeaPhoto wrote:

Yes, I'm positive it's the systems fault.  After many restarts and device removals and adding devices again, there's still LOTS of video that isn't being recorded. It seems to work right after a reboot, but somewhere along the way (within an hour or so) it stops detecting motion again. Motion detection is at 90, base is "armed". We've had this system for about a week and has already let us down. I need something reliable. I don't have the time to sit and watch this system constantly making sure it works. It'll be returned.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @wesusingarlo and @Pam1Sadge,

What Arlo camera are you using? Have you tried removing the battery/batteries from the camera and rebooting the Base Station to see if that helps? Are you not seeing any recordings on both the Arlo app on your phone and the web client on your computer?

wesusingarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've went as far as removing and re-adding a camera. I couldn't add the camera back again. It said it couldn't find the camera. You might think that I could be messing up the adding the camera back, but I've added cameras many times successfully in the past and the process isn't complicated. It's sad, but I'm about to give up on arlo because I just don't have the time to fiddle with it.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I have sent you a private message to gather information since you're having a couple of problems with your Arlo camera.

Pam1Sadge
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only private message I have is from someone named Jessica with a link to her sexy photos.  I'm not clicking on any stupid links from Jessica.  If you are in fact a moderator why are you sending this link to me?

Pam1Sadge
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP wrote:

Hi @wesusingarlo and @Pam1Sadge,

What Arlo camera are you using? Have you tried removing the battery/batteries from the camera and rebooting the Base Station to see if that helps? Are you not seeing any recordings on both the Arlo app on your phone and the web client on your computer?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I sent you a private message to gather more information from you regarding a user named "Jessica" sending you a link.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also report inappropriate posts or PMs - why wouldn't you?