Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Absolutely ridiculous.  The library does not show me the videos to review for a few minutes after push notifications.  I also find the push notifications highly annoying when I am not home.

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agreed.  Absolutely deplorable.  I also just renewed 1yr subscription 2 months ago, and have over a dozen cameras.  I am pissed at Arlo.

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Push notifications are as annoying as can be do to false positives, and alerting on other motion.

Dinostones
Star
Star

I've got three locations secured.

The wireless alerts have saved my bacon on several occasions over the years by enabling myself or staff at remote locations to intervene quickly. NOW, the best I can do is check once or twice daily to discover if I'm being robbed or about to get broken into.

Stay tuned. If Arlo does not reinstate email alerts in the near future, I will happily present some alternative camera and security solutions.

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since Arlo removed email notifications, I have to access Arlo Library much more often.  However, most of the time Arlo Library does not show the video for what seems like a few minutes after the push notification.  This is while I am at home on strong wifi, not even on cellular data.   Is everyone having the same problem?  Does anyone actually prefer the push notification over email?  I find the push notifications highly annoying do to false positives, and the delays seeing video unacceptable.  Having email alerts is massively better and what I paid for when I renewer Arlo Secure for 1 year in September and bought more than a dozen cameras.

ryanhiggins86
Guide
Guide

Arlo going out of their way to remove email notifications, a simple feature that exists in almost all similar products and within their app since the beginning, make no sense. Whatever the reason is that Arlo removed this feature is a complete joke, if we ever actually find out the real reason. It's ironic that most of the people (myself included) upset about the email notifications being removed is because it breaks the methods (i.e. IFTTT) that was being used to circumvent other issues with the Alro system.

CastleP
Tutor
Tutor

Is there ANY REMAINING known way to simultaneously receive alerts when you have two separate systems/logins and different locations?

Otherwise, this is beyond ridiculous and renders Arlo worthless to me. 

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I thought many of the competitors don't do email notifications either. That being the case, if all I get are push notices, I'm happy to experiment with other brands/devices and ditch arlo. The light bulb camera I was testing (before putting it at my mom's house) works decently. Not perfect, but for what she needs it will be fine. And if it gets stolen, well it was only $40!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CastleP wrote:

Is there ANY REMAINING known way to simultaneously receive alerts when you have two separate systems/logins and different locations?

You can share the cameras between the two accounts, using the "friend" account feature.

ArloYE
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

After utilizing Arlo cameras for several years and consistently receiving notifications for motion detections, I suddenly ceased to receive these updates.

I have examined my spam folder to confirm whether the notifications are being redirected there, but that does not seem to be the case. Additionally, I have double-checked the settings, and my correct email address is still listed.

It's worth noting that I am still receiving emails notifying me when the battery in one of the cameras is running low.

I would appreciate any advice on what might be causing this issue and how to resolve it.

Thank you!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloYE wrote:

Hello,

After utilizing Arlo cameras for several years and consistently receiving notifications for motion detections, I suddenly ceased to receive these updates.

You need to use push notifications instead (which are only available on a mobile device).

Unfortunately, Arlo deprecated email alerts in mid-November (for all cameras, not just the Pro 2).

ArloYE
Initiate
Initiate

I appreciate your response. The timeline you mentioned does seem reasonable. It's terrible news, and I hope they reconsider since it's quite inconvenient and annoying.

arlosucks12345
Initiate
Initiate

I'm extremely unsatisfied with the Arlo experience.  Buggy software, features breaking, and now discontinuing email alerts.  I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before they EOL my cameras which I paid a ridiculous amount of money for.

What a waste of time and money this has been.

I would not recommend Arlo to my worst enemy.

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Exactly.   I feel totally ripped off having spent thousands on their overpriced cameras.  I was willing to pay more because of the email alerts and even willing to pay extra for a subscription.  But after all that investment, they pull the email alerts - the one last redeeming feature.   Never again will I make that mistake.   I’m so pissed that I will keep trolling Arlo with bad reviews every chance that I get.  I don’t want anyone else to make the same mistake.   

Kenny1
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone talked to an Arlo representative recently regarding any chance of bringing back email alerts for a Arlo secure upgrade?

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

All I get in answer to my original support request is please update your case. I have sent the EOL statement that clearly shows this kiss of service does not apply to UK or EU customers. The robot that answers insists that it does. 

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

What range do you get on the $40 camera?  I had arlo for the email alerts and long distance range.  I have cameras pushing the maximum distance from base stations.

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

They don't say, and when I tested it I had it outside my front door; but I'd have to say I would expect it to be the range you can expect from a 2.4ghz wifi (max of 150 ft). Mine is a Galayou model G6-W. Still no email with it, but at least it was so cheap that my expectations were low to start.

JCC60
Apprentice
Apprentice

You would have more chance of finding Waldo riding the Loch Ness Monster while Bigfoot takes pictures than finding anyone from Arlo with the courage and integrity to actually address this concern directly with their customers.  They are just hiding out until this blows over.

And while we are on the subject of emails I received an email from Arlo today (glad to see your email server is still working) with the subject "Yule never believe this".

Wanna know what I will never believe? I will never believe that a company can be so out of touch with their customers that they can yank the most important feature out of a product, making it virtually useless, and then have the unmitigated gaul to try and get me to buy more of their products. 

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hear you.  I spent about a few thousand dollars on Arlo Cameras and peripherals, and was a shareholder.  I sold all of my Arlo stock, and am thinking about returning Arlo cameras.

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

This grandma is  not techy enough to know what the  Galayou G6 camera you mention above is or how to set something like that up here. But   do you, or anyone here , know if Google Assistant or Android Bixby can be somehow easily respond  to the useless Arlo tiny, very quiet, little  Arlo Secure notifications so Google Assistant or  Android the assistant, Bixby, can send a Google email. 

I've never used either of them on my phone or laptop,  but it would certainly help if they could send me the notification emails.  If so I'd love someone to point me to where  and how  exactly to do it. My multiple Arlo cameras are basically  useless to me without the emails. I've found I can't sell them  and do now want to trash a  thousand $$ of cameras 

TomMcBride
Star
Star

Depending on your needs, it's possible to use IFTTT to get emails for detection of people, animals, and vehicles. At the moment Arlo continues to support this IFTTT interface. If you have several cameras, it's likely you will need to have a paid subscription to IFTTT. I was lucky since I have only one camera and only need notifications of people and animals which means I only needed two applets and that is the limit for a free IFTTT account.

MP235
Initiate
Initiate

I will no longer purchase or support Arlo. Now my arlo system is trash and so is your company. no wonder people are not buying arlo anymore.

ConorF_IRE
Tutor
Tutor

The push notifications are a joke. The motion detection if outside can be set off be a bee, the setting sun and on and on. Inside a spider or moth can alert it. There are times you don’t need to be awoken at 3am for these alerts. I use these cameras for tracking animal movement around my rural property. Emails were ideal. Push notifications do not work for this scenario. 
despite having pulled email alerts their website doco still includes all the info to enable email alerts. So anyone googling the feature will purchase thinking it’s capable of doing this. Not cool - this is tantamount to fraud.

Arlo - the removal of this fundamental feature is a serious error. Please reinstate this asap. 

BGOSNZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have one camera in the building my cars are in. It gets a lot of spider and some moth alerts. To update how useless Arlo are I opened a support request when this change first occurred after several sessions of being told to resync the cameras , restart the hub etc. I have received a few e mails asking me to update my case which always gets the same response. Restore E Mail alerts please. Now in last two days I have had 3 saying they need to call me but my number is wrong. I have checked the number and sent them two others to try. They keep with the same message yet none of the phones show a missed call or message.