Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

I bought four cameras in January, and by making them less capable Arlo violated my one-year warranty.

Can I prove that in court? We're probably about to find out, but the warranty is so vague that the case could go either way. I recognize that there's a possibility that what Arlo did is disgusting, but not illegal.

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Everyone please post your dissatisfaction on their Facebook,  Twitter, and Amazon product pages.   They are running Black Friday sales, and I would hate to see another unsuspecting customer purchase the cameras and find out they have been mislead.   This is unacceptable and wrong.  

sandim
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for your info - i have updated my support case with that info - have heard back requesting more info.

sandim
Aspirant
Aspirant

i read the article - about cameras that are more than 4 years old to eliminate a number of features. Sad to see - which forces me to look into other companies. 

thanks for your info!

jnsnAZ
Star
Star

I see.  I appreciate all the replies.  Helpful!!!

My  situation-    3 Pro 2 cams on remote cabin 200 mi from her) - not for wildlife, but to watch for suspicious human movement (while we are way) which might indicate vandalism or burglary.  Point is, I need alerts when there is movement.   So what do I do now? Sounds like no Arlo subcrip will provide that. Does that mean I now need to but a different brand of cameras. ? Which is best for my needs?  

This is bad news for me personally but if I need to buy whole new set, well, I must- sooner than later.

onetuff_z
Guide
Guide

Why would Arlo not notify their customers of this first?  Why remove working features that your customers used to factor in their decision to purchase your products. This was one of the reasons I chose Arlo. Guess it's time to start shopping for a competitors products. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sandim wrote:

i read the article - about cameras that are more than 4 years old to eliminate a number of features.

Again, the email notifications were removed for all cameras (new and old).

They haven't removed any features specifically in the EOL cameras.  They are saying at that at some point in the future that could happen.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jnsnAZ wrote:

My  situation-    3 Pro 2 cams on remote cabin 200 mi from her) - not for wildlife, but to watch for suspicious human movement (while we are way) which might indicate vandalism or burglary.  Point is, I need alerts when there is movement.   So what do I do now?

Is there a reason you can't use the web push alerts?

jnsnAZ
Star
Star

sorry- I always thought the "push alerts" meant texts.  No?  are they emails?  How to turn on?

thez34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro--I stopped getting email notifications couple days ago, I checked setup, my email was listed. Went back today and noticed that the option for email notifications was removed. I still receive push notifications.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh shoot. I thought it was just a user being weird. They're gone now? That's a shame

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

IMG_4101.png

Anyone else notice they removed the “email notification” option under Alerts? 😡

sandim
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks - the problem is i have no way of getting email alerts because they have disabled it for my camera

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jnsnAZ wrote:

sorry- I always thought the "push alerts" meant texts.  No? 

No, they are "web push" notifications.  You enable them in the camera rules (they are the default).

You might also need to enable them in the phone settings.  Instructions for that are at the end of these articles:

jnsnAZ
Star
Star

THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTFULNESS, STEPHEN

Bob_Cous
Guide
Guide

I also stopped receiving e-mail notifications on Wed 15-Nov-2023. When I look in my modes, I now only see Push Notifications as an option. What happened to Push **AND** E-mail Notification options? ... If e-mail notifications are being discontinued, then I will likely need to buy something else as e-mail notifications are a necessity for me.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sandim wrote:

the problem is i have no way of getting email alerts because they have disabled it for my camera

They disabled it for all cameras.

Is there a reason you cannot use push notifications?

genosfa
Initiate
Initiate

The loss of email notifications makes the software pretty useless for me. The only way I see to receive notifications without being harassed by nonsense from the sensor is to turn the notifications off every 24 hours. Is there another way to get notifications without setting off my phone in the middle of the night for nothing? 

sideburnie
Guide
Guide

SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS FOR SHUTTING OFF EMAIL ALERTS. 

Your app, which is barely usable, provides push notifications sure, but those notifications HAVE NO WAY OF PUSHING THROUGH NIGHT MODE OR MODES WHERE NOTIFICATIONS ARE SILENCED ON ANY MODERN PHONE MAKING THEM USELESS DURING THE TIME THEY ARE MOST IMPORTANT.

AN EMAIL I CAN SET TO PUSH THROUGH NIGHT MODE ON MY PHONE AND IT WILL LITERALLY ___RING___ MY PHONE. IT HAS ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS ALLOWED ME TO CONFRONT A BURLAR SAVING MY LOVED ONES AND MY BELONGINGS. 

I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS. NOT ONLY ARE MY CAMERAS CURRENTLY USELESS MAKING ME FEEL SUDDENLY AT RISK, NOW I HAVE TO SPEND THE TIME TO GO FIGURE OUT WHAT SOLVES THIS PROBLEM FOR ME. THE WHOLE REASON I PAY YOU  IS SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO ENGINEER LITERALLY EVERYTHING MYSELF. 

LEAVE THE EARTH. YOU DON'T BELONG HERE. 

sideburnie
Guide
Guide

YOU COULD HAVE EVEN MADE IT A PAID FEATURE. BUT NO. 

LIKE. THIS FEATURE IS MAYBE 100 LINES ON THE BACK END AND FRONT END COMBINED. 

DEVELOPERS WITH NO HANDS LED BY RECENT CITY COLLEGE BIZ SCHOOL GRADS WHO HAVE NO EARS OR EYES. 

Fly1508
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bonjour 

J'ai un problème de réception des mails dans mes modes de configuration 

Depuis le 16 novembre je ne reçois plus les alertes par mail et l'option email à disparu 

Savez-vous si c'est normal ?

Merci

MircoT
Star
Star

"Is there a reason you can't use the web push alerts?"

@StephenB push notification are not reliable: sometimes they did not arrive.

BTW email notifications allow you to send them to other people too, without having to authorize them to access the app.

MircoT
Star
Star

email notification are NECESSARY. 

push notification are not reliable and does't pass night mode of the smarphone.

please, re-add email notification.

Efthos
Star
Star

I agree.  I had absolutely no notification that emails would be stopping.  I only get alerts through the Arlo app on my android phone, but no texts.  Have the texts stopped as well?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Efthos wrote:

I only get alerts through the Arlo app on my android phone, but no texts.  Have the texts stopped as well?

There was no real text option for notifications.  But most mobile providers do set up an email address for the phone, and sending to that email shows up as a text.

So if you were getting text before, then that is how you must have set it up.  

Note that text messages (SMS) are an option for 2 factor authentication.