Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the same email address for a few years. 5pm yesterday my email alerts stopped. Push alerts are still working fine. I have verified my email address, cycled email alerts on and off, restarted my base station etc. 

nothing is working 

Best answers
421 REPLIES 421
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You posted as I was editing my post. Re-read it to see if that relates to your situation.

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is bull**bleep**! I rely on the email notifications, because there are zero electronics allowed at my work.  

I have never ever in my almost 40 years of life had to post in any company's community forum as much as I have being an Arlo customer. I have 16 freaking Arlo devices, that have given me zero peace of mind, and instead give me anxiety and stress. 

There's no one size fits all. There should always be various options for the customer to choose from. And if email was an option from the start, it should continue to be an option! Do you think people can hold their phones in their hands 24/7 to see if someone is in there house? (don't even get me started on this  just see my posts) or if their dog is doing ok? the majority of corporate america works on a computer, and can't be or shouldn't be obeserved as always being on their phone. I would always just pull up my email screen to see my arlo notifications. 

ASO
Tutor
Tutor

I have 8 Arlo cams and since yesterday I do not receive anymore email notification. Called the support and they told me this feature was removed by Arlo management decision (NB I pay for an Arlo Secure subscription).

I cant believe that such a major functionality is just "removed", I cant believe Arlo has such a poor customer estime, and I cant believe I'm the only one raging against Arlo !

This time it's enough, I start looking for another security cam system right now unless Arlo re-enable the mail notification within the next days. 

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

This.

Larrycapecoral
Initiate
Initiate

I also pay for Arlo Secure and have multiple cameras. Not receiving email notifications.

Is it no longer available??? How do i contact Arlo by phone?

DavidDouglass
Star
Star

The only legitimate reason that they removed the Email Notification option in Modes Edit Device Rules is that it cost money to supply this option and they would rather everyone use their phones and phone-Arlo App, to receive Push Notifications which I am sure is a cheaper method to get notices from cameras. However, we should have been noticed that this change was coming. And what about offering another Plan which cost more which has the Email Notification option available. I went online to Arlo.com to find out if I could pay more for a more advanced protection plan but could not determine if email notifications were included in the more expensive plans. Right now, I have as an only option is to resort to using only an internet capable cell phone to get notifications. Currently I don't use that type of phone because I hate the size of those phones. This quiet change by Arlo is a breach of contract.  

DaveTay
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem, FIX IT

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

How does a company not understand change management concepts.

Verizon has been emailing me for months on how at the end of Nov their fios app is going away, and to dl the new one. 

But you guys made a dumb decision on getting rid of email notification functionality, instead of sitting down and really grasping and scoping out all the problems Arlo is plagued with, and which problems are a priority. 

HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had four of the original Arlo cameras, which I was very happy with, but Arlo stopped supporting them last year. After MANY exchanges with Arlo sales and support (which included the subject of email notifications), I shelled out some bucks and bought four Arlo 4 Pros. I would not have bought them had I known that Arlo was going to discontinue email notifications. They're useless to me now.

Arlo stole my money just as surely as if they had reached into my wallet and lifted my cash.

luaPJ3
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve stopped getting email notifications. I can still add emails in the app and all are correct. I’m getting push notifications but emails stopped around 14/11

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Email alerts feature is at end of life and will no longer be supported.

You can read more about the Arlo end of life policy here: https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

RayC1952
Guide
Guide

Unbelievable. You're telling me that Arlo can no longer provide the e-mail alerts because they can't support a simple, but very important feature to its customers????  That is unbelievable and not a good look for Arlo! 

HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC, I'm sure you mean well, but the end-of-life policy to which you linked does not apply to the VMC4041 (Arlo Pro 4). It explicitly applies only to the following cameras:

AAD1001  VMC3030  VMC3040  VMC3040S  ABC1000  VMC4030  VMC4030P  AL1101  ABB1000 

Is there any explanation of why email notifications stopped working on my four VMC4041 cameras, turning them into four hunks of metal that are worthless to me?

RayC1952
Guide
Guide

I have 10 Arlo cameras set up at two rental properties.  The cameras are now useless to me if I have to now look to see the damage after the fact instead of seeing that something id going on and stopping it before the damage begins.  Arlo enjoys our support dollars but doesn't want to keep providing what you are paying for.  Arlo just took a cheap shot at its customer base.  Now I need to spend more time and money to purchase new security cameras that have the functionality I need.

Hckyguy1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the exact same issue starting yesterday with all email alerts stopping.   Contacted customer service and they act like this has never happened to anyone else.  I look here and on Reddit and see that many people have had the same issue.   They wasted two hours of my time.   Anyway, after seeing the end of life notice, I cancelled the Arlo Secure subscription.   I have spent a lot of money on Arlo cameras and subscription, and I will NEVER purchase another Arlo/Netgear product in my life!

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Off all the apparent issues people post about ....they decided ' hmmmmmm which problem should we fix ..let's...let's get rid of EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS!!! '  A function I'm sure NO ONE complained about. 

How about instead of getting rid of features people like,  you work on ensuring the features you have work PROPERLY! I posted LAST DECEMBER about how geofencing doesn't work properly....there are NUMEROUS posts about it and yet it still hasn't been fixed. 

Or the fact that the emergency people that call me, say they can't carry out a service THAT'S ADVERTISED!

I'm ANGRY because I'm 16 Arlo devices deep, THEY AREN'T CHEAP , and everything continues to go down hill!!!

and                          I HAVE ZERO PEACE OF MIND!!

Susan377
Initiate
Initiate

Removing email notifications is a terrible feature to remove.  Not everyone has access to their cellphones to receive push notifications and rely on the email messages.  Please reconsider this feature removal!!

ASO
Tutor
Tutor

In the PC MyArlo web page, go to parameters, support, and it should lead you to a contact page with a phone number. It worked for me but may be it depends on the country where you live.

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

Also, there are some who do not have Smartphones, and cannot get Push Notifications. (I have an elderly neighbor who still has a flip phone!).  So in essence, if they don't get the email notifications, then they will not get ANY notifications at all, rendering their "security" cameras useless!

666ArloUser666
Star
Star

I recommend filing a complaint with the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/carlsbad/profile/security-cameras/arlo-1126-1000061663

I also recommend complaining via Twitter: 

Mallez
Star
Star

This is NOT acceptable!

This is how I ensure I can be woken up in the middle of the night if there is a "person" lurking around my house.

This is the ONLY reason I bought arlo's in the first place, the email notifications with AI.

I travel, and my wife is comfortable with knowing that I can be woken up if there is an email (which I can set an alarm for, not a push notification), that there is a lurker around the house. 

They better solve this, otherwise they will lose not only my business, but I will file complaints with every online forum I can on the uselessness of Arlo without the email notifications. I spent a ton on a lot of cameras JUST for the email notifications. I will cancel my subscription, and go with a competitve product and ensure that I provide negative feedback on every forum I can.

You better fix this Arlo, or you're going to have a major business issue.

Mallez
Star
Star

Ok, there is another thread on the BS of removing email notifications.  I have a fortune spent in cameras, along with a system to use the smart AI (third party app) to scan my email every minute at night (yes, I had a break in), to let me know if a "person" is identified outside my home.

The third party app had a special alarm that would wake me up, so the "animals" (racoons, rabbits, etc), didn't wake me up every 30 min.  I travel and rely on these emails!

Does anyone know of a third party app, or will Arlo actually provide us this functionality (allow us to set special alarms for a "person identified" push notification) as I just paid my yearly service, and they snuck this REGRESSION of email functionality in?

This was the only reason I stayed with Arlo.  I will file complaints and move to another service if they do not address this.

Any suggestions on third party apps (whether android or iOS) would be appreciated, or ways people have dealt with this.

Arlo just took away one of the top 2 reason to go with Arlo.  Will have to look at the system that rhymes with "best", as they have the smart email notifications.

Thank you.

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Clearly the clown show at Arlo hasn't thought this out too well.  It makes you wonder, "what the f*** were they thinking?"

What is the logic behind this pitiful decision? Get rid of the useless push notifications instead.  The frecking cameras usefulness has taken a major hit.   Uggghhh!!!!    Now I got to go do some research, spend a bunch of time, money and effort applying a solution. 

Mallez
Star
Star

James,

smart notifications are USELESS at night (when I really need to determine if a PERSON is lurking, vs a rabbit), which is why the EMAIL is so important.  I can allow an app to scan email looking for "person" in the subject line, and wake me up with a loud alarm.

Seriously, we were broken into.  THe first week I put Arlo in, I woke up with every notification, that is not the intent of a security system (especially if you have rabbits and racoons running around).  The ability to set an alarm based on the AI for "Person Identified" was a lifesaver, both for my sleep, and for my wife when I traveled.

the AI is totally useless as SECURITY function if I have to wake up with every alert?  

Why remove the email?  I don't even need the picture if that saves cost.  I'd be happy with the email with the subject line, and a link to the video.

I cannot find a program that will give me the same AI functionality for push notifications... if you want to supply an alarm mode based on AI settings (to wake me up at night ONLY if a "person" is identified), I'd take that.

Not having email notification is just not an option for a security system these days.

666ArloUser666
Star
Star

As it turns out,  that the end of email notifications is NOT just for EOL products.  I was told by an Arlo employee via phone support that email notifications were originally only going to be stopped on EOL products but she said the policy now applies to ALL Arlo products. 

That seems to be accurate as my Arlo Go 2 no longer offers email notifications settings in the app.  Arlo Go 2 is NOT on the list of EOL products.  

Whoever manages this company is clueless.  Why take away services that your customers rely on.  And to do it without advance warning is deplorable.