Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
coterp
Tutor
Tutor

I have the basic plan and videos older than 7 days are not being deleted. I currently have 9 days of videos. I don't want to have to manually delete videos all the time. So I setup a schedule so 7 days of video fit in the 1 GB limit, expecting old ones to get deleted automatically. That's not happening. So I'm still stuck deleting old videos manually when storage fills up. Is this a bug or an attempt to make the basic plan as inconvenient as possible? 

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

coterp,

We are currently unaware of any issues with the server purging content older than 7 days. I see you have a case open with the Arlo support team. I encourage you to continue working with support on this issue and to post your findings on the community. When did you first notice you had content older than 7 days in your library, was this working for you in the past? Have you recently recovered any content from the recycle bin? Please let us know!

JamesC

rbrignac
Guide
Guide

I have a similar issue. One my cameras keeps showing a number 1 in the circle. I can't go back in history past the present month to delete it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rbrignac,

Consider navigating to Settings and then to Subscription. You will see a green button labeled Delete All Files. This will clear your entire library (aside from favorites) and should clear the 1 on your cameras screen.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

rbrignac
Guide
Guide

Did not work.

Miggle
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem.  Old videos are not being deleted and while I may get an email notification that a video was made, there are no new videos as of Dec 1st.  They just stop saving.  Very frustrating.  I deleted some older days and it started recording again, but I also do not want to have to delete old files to keep my system functioning.  How do I submit this for review?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the issue is that your account is filling up with videos, you can either purchase an extended plan or download the videos so you can delete them off the server to free up space. I use a Python script that's scheduled on the computer to automatically download my videos. That way nothing is lost and my server disk space isn't consumed.

RonTaylorTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, 1 camera showing a video but nowhere to be found. The DELETE ALL FILES button is gray. This has been the case for several weeks.

Ron

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have the same issue. My videos are still there from mid November. I opened a support ticket and they said they would upgrade it to their senior support team. Then yesterday I get an email telling me they are going to close my ticket, yet the problem is still unresolved, and I haven't been contacted.

Miggle
Tutor
Tutor

Good for you.  I just spent hundreds of dollars on a system for my protection that was sold as being an auto delete (thereby low maintenance).  I am unable to write some special program, as you apparently can do, and I expect what I paid for, especially when I paid so much.  I should not be forced to upgrade to a service at an additional cost because they can't do what they claimed.