Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lspeight
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought and installed 4 cameras outdoors 2 months ago. All 4 worked perfectly until 1 week ago. Two cameras still work perfectly but the other two give not connected to the Internet message. The two that don't work are closer to the base station than the two that are still good. May be a battery problem, or thefts, or ?  I'm 1500 miles away for another two months. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only thing you cna do remotely is reboot the base....

A few others have seen the cameras go off line with the last sw update...might be related

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lspeight
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good suggestion, Thanks. I rebooted base, but it didn't fix the problem I'm sorry to say. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could also be dead batteries.

Lspeight
Aspirant
Aspirant

I doubt it's batteries. One of the disconnected did get a lot of movement pics and could have had a battery die, but the other had almost no activity--and they quit the same day. And two are still working a month later. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lspeight,

The next time you are on site, consider restarting the affected cameras (open and close the battery compartment door) and pay close attention to the camera LED as this will indicate if low/depleted batteries is the issue. You might also try removing the affected cameras and then go back through the sync process. Again, this would require you, or someone else, to be on site.

JamesC