Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No push notifications on android phone when mobile data turned on.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MAS65
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't receive push notifications on Samsung android phone when mobile data is turned on, but I receive them when wifi is enabled.  Anybody else have this problem?  Any solutions? 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IIRR, the android app had a bug in the past re pushes while the phone in sleep mode... maybe another one. Will see if I can dupe the same problem.

As to fixes, nope, got nothin'

I stopped using pushes mostly because i found the email to text messg convert format was easier for me to respond to ( over email and pushes )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MAS65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Sleep mode doesn't seem to be an issue when wifi is on.  When data is on, I don't receive any push notification whether in sleep mode or awake.  If the cameras are triggered when I'm out and using data and then later I acquire a wifi signal all of a sudden all the push notifications come through.  Hope I can get this to work, not much use if someone is breaking in and I can't receive notification.  May have to go with emails, but I find them slow to come through.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

May have to go with emails, but I find them slow to come through.

I don't find emails to much slower than pushes... but isn't  a notification a bit slow better than non at all ? ( untill fixed )

Open a ticket to Netgear, see if there's a fix

That's why I convert my email to phone sms, I find it quicker to get thru and read.

Morse is faster than texting!