Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
jeetchheda3
Follower
Follower

My base station is connected to the internet. My internet is active. All the 3 lights are green on the base station but when I try logging in, it says, base station isn't connected to the internet. Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't have a solution but some people say it depends on whether using a computer browser or app.  Can you verify you get no connection using both interfaces?

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

That's odd.. It should connect automatically.. Unless if your intenet is down..Are you having this issue thru Desktop/Laptop? Mobile devices? Can you surf around internet fine? If you're using a mobile device that have a cellular, does it work by turning off wifi? or Try turning off your cellular and just use wifi, and see if it works.. Also, Try checking your firewall settings and see if anything blocking it, look for both your browser and system settings.. If it still not working, and you did pretty much the troubleshooting that you could then contact netgear support.. 

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning jeetchheda3,

Let's try this, log in to your Arlo account, via the mobile app and tap deactivate.

You will then need to re-add the Serial Number under Subscription | Add a Base Station.

You can use either the PC or the mobile app to re-activate your Base Station.

I would like to understand the steps taken before getting this message from your PC.

What, if any, issues were you experiencing before this error occurred?

I look forward to your response!

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

if you internet is working, your virus protetion might me blocking Port 80/443

LWILKINS
Aspirant
Aspirant

i KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE ASKING ME TO MAKE SURE I AM CONNECTED.  I AM CONNECTED AND ALL SYNCED UP

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi LWILKINS,

Is your Base Station directly connected to a router or a switch? You may post your existing network diagram. 

Thanks, 

DaneA

Arlo Team 

MDS1957
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have a similar issue did you get a solution since June?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MDS1957,

Welcome to the community! What is the error message you are receiving and are you able to isolate the issue by trying to log in using the Arlo app on a mobile device? If you are getting an error suggesting your base station is not connected to the internet but the LEDs indicate that it is, we are currently looking further into this issue. It seems to be more often than not a browser related problem on the web ui. Please make sure your Adobe Flash Player is up to date and enabled, clear your browser cache and attempt to log back in. Some users have also experienced this error due to active anti-virus software. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues!

JamesC

MDS1957
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorted out by "support". Thanks