Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bullheadriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any help appreciated camera will not start motion detection until 3 feet direct in front of camera take back to store? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's usually the positioning or sensitivity setting.  Check your modes (Mode tab, click on your base, edit your modes, likely the Armed mode) and change the sensitivity setting to a higher number.  Be sure to save.

For positioning, post a screenshot for suggestions.

bullheadriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

mounted my camera in my bedroom looking out through the glass sliding door The camera lens is about 3 inchs from the glass. At night time all i see is the glass and what looks like lites around the lens nothing more. 

1. Can the camera for night be mounted that way camera works great during the day. We get lots of sand wind here in the desert that is why I mounted the camera in the house looking out.

2 Has anyone every checked to see if the camara will work the way I have it set up. I would think when the camera was designed all modes of setup would have been checked I see nothing in your hookup that would say not to use it this way.

3. If I took this camera back to the store and upgraded to the pro whould that work any better or will night vision only work with direct viewing my the camera lens   

Thanks  

manfredz
Hero
Hero

both the Arlo basic and the Pro (and, I believe all other battery operated cams) use the PIR motion detection system, which won't work through glass

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And the IR illuminators will reflect off the glass when enabled. Double whammy.