Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Redrook
Star
Star

So after total inconsistency since setting up my two camera system today they have decided to completely fail. One camera isn't detecting anything any further than a couple of metres away, and the other is now not detecting motion/recording at all. This has happened after I set zones.

Secondly I now can't login to my account from my pc browser at all, it either says flash needs updated (which isn't true) or it says "session has expired" which seems to be a common issue. Tried reinstalling the app and restarted the hub but no change. I can't see how to delete zones on the app, so I guess I have a totally useless system now until Arlo sort out whatevers causing the login issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No login problems here. On a PC, it can be an issue with the antivirus in use - Kaspersky has been a recent issue.  It's not a Flash issue since that's only needed for live view and has nothing to do with logging in.

To delete a zone in the app, simply swipe it to the left completely.

Redrook
Star
Star

Thanks jguerdat, apologies for the rant too, just very frustrating when things don't work

I do use Kaspersky, but is it possible issue may have been caused by my ISP doing work? I checked a few hours after my original post, and my DL speed had dropped to 1mbps (now back up to the usual 30-40mbps and things seem to be functioning ok today). If I understand correctly, Arlo requires constant internet access in order to assess if movement occured, is that correct?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do a search here on Kaspersky for solutions. It's been blocking access to Arlo until you specifically allow access.

Certainly there's the possibility of an ISP issue, whether performing maintenance, downed lines, improper settings, whatever.

The Arlo app (not the web) does need to always be running to allow certain things to work such as push notifications. The system itself will continue to work with no logins from anyplace, you just wan't get notifications. All you have to do is NOT log out of the app and things will work fine.