Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TheMegaMan
Star
Star

It appears I'm no longer receiving email notifications for detected movements. They seem to have stopped at around 12:30 GMT (UTC) today (15th December 2020).

I'm using a gmail.com email address, and I've seen the recent Google outage has caused a few bounces for emails sent to this address. Is it likely Arlo Alerts have bounced back and my email address has been marked as invalid? If so, any clues on how to re-enable it?

Or maybe I'm the only one suffering from this.

Note that I'm getting movement alerts direct from the App, and I can see the videos in the Library, so the movement is being detected and recorded. It's just the emails that don't appear to be coming through.

Any ideas or suggestions, greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The issue with email notifications has been resolved for all affected users. We thank you for your patience while we've worked on resolving the issue. If you're still experiencing the issue, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

- Arlo Team

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SP1123
Tutor
Tutor

Since December 2, I have not received any email notifications of Arlo alerts.  I still receive push notifications from the app, but they just don't come through via email.  I haven't changed any settings.  I also checked my junk and spam folders, and have checked with my email provider to make sure it's not a change in spam filters on their end.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Britterz8826
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue but it only started December 15th around 2:45 PM EST.  No settings changed on my side and all settings are still showing to email.  My alerts are going to a Gmail address which I know has been having some difficulties in the last few days.  Hoping to get an answer from Arlo on this.

Britterz8826
Guide
Guide

Same problem here.  Hoping to get some insight on this from Arlo as well.  I also am using a Gmail address for these notifications.  Only noticed it this morning as I hadn't received any motion alerts overnight which never happens and noticed that it stopped detecting December 15th at approximately 2:45 PM EST.

onetuff_z
Guide
Guide
I am having same issue. No emails after 4pm ET on 12/15. I also have a Gmail account. I added a hotmail account to email notifications as a test and I don't get it there either.
onetuff_z
Guide
Guide
I contacted them through chat. Somehow my email was blacklisted. They removed it and now notifications are working. I would contact them through chat. I asked why I was blacklisted and they said if I clicked unsubscribe on some of thier emails it could cause that. I haven't done that recently so not sure why I was blacklisted but since it's working now I didn't push it.
Britterz8826
Guide
Guide

I'm trying to deal with someone through chat who continues to tell me that it's a browser problem that I am having with my email.  I even mentioned that I got the email with the case information attached and continue to be told that it's a browser problem that I'm accessing my email on.

Good luck everyone!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Britterz8826
Guide
Guide

Would this also include the preview being removed in the email now?  I was able to get my email address off the blacklist but now I'm back to receiving the email telling me that motion was detected but no previous image.

TheMegaMan
Star
Star

Oh no, not again...

Britterz8826
Guide
Guide

Yea it sadly seems that way AGAIN.  Very very disappointed in Arlo's chat folks as well.

TheMegaMan
Star
Star

Well, I'd tried opening a chat session with them earlier today, but stayed at number 1 in the queue for ages but never got to the top. However, I tried again just now, and got through to someone who immediately fixed it very quickly. They do have support staff who know what they are doing and are very helpful.

And I've got the regular emails back, complete with preview. So all back to normal again for me. Fingers crossed they'll fix it properly for everyone else, soon.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo's DevOps teams have identified an issue where some customers who have subscribed to e-mail notification using gmail.com account are not receiving e-mail notifications. We are working on resolving this issue. For any updates, please refer to the Arlo Status Page.

- Arlo Team

Britterz8826
Guide
Guide
That's great that they've resolved this issue. But I'm still receiving no link or image preview in my email. And now my app is not showing any motion alerts but I'm getting emails showing motion detected.....but can't check it in email or in app. This is getting ridiculous.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The issue with email notifications has been resolved for all affected users. We thank you for your patience while we've worked on resolving the issue. If you're still experiencing the issue, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

- Arlo Team