Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

As of about 3 weeks ago, I an no longer getting email notifications that say: "Arlo Has Just Detected Motion". These email would tell what camera detected motion. I looked in my spam folder: none there. I looked under Mode Portal: no way to check a box saying "send notifications" Oh, and by the way, about 5 days ago, I checked the box saying I want to get an email when someone in the Community relies to a post I made. I have about 12 posts but I am not getting an email from the Community.

(I can see comments when I log in to the Community).

I use a PC ASUS laptop, I do not have a smart phone. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Simple and first thing to always try is a power button reboot of the base....

Power off then on , wait about 2 mins to come fully online with cameras.. test

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

@TomMac Correction to my previous post. I am getting email notifications from the Community and have been for several days. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

However, I tried the power on/off button to off for two minutes. I turned it back on and it rebooted without a change. I did that about 2 PM today (Sunday). Several cameras have several videos in the Library on them since then. It is now 8 PM. I have not received a notiification about any of my Arlo cameras detecting motion.

Also at 2PM I went to Settings on my Arlo system account and there is a line that says:  "Keep me up-to-date on the latest news, support and more from Arlo". To the right of this line there is a small button that slides left-right when clicked. It turns bright green when on, light grey when off. It was on when I saw it. I turned it to off for a few seconds and then back to on. I hit Save although the Save "tab" oesn't respond. i.e. do anything. So still no motion detection messages.

~David

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ds2017

Have you tried to reboot your camera & test again?