Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

I finally set up one of my four cameras the other day so I could concentrate on learning about it on a single unit before I set up all of them.  In my researching I came across something from Netgear that said the time scheduling component (where one can turn on the camera for motion at, say, 7:45am and off at say, 6:15pm) is ONLY included in the basic/free plan for the first 30 days.

If this is true, that's very disappointing; I didn't want to be forced to pay a monthly fee on top of the recurring battery replacement fees.  And more importantly, I really don't want the camera(s) to record me and my motion in the house when I'm walking around at 9pm or getting ready for work at 7am...

Is this too much ado about nothing or, is there some work-around or operation I'm yet unaware of that will work for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning R_Lowe,

The ability to schedule motion detection was considered a "Premium Feature" when the product first launched. However, based on customer feedback we have updated the software so that scheduling and sharing feature are now part of the FREE Basic service level.

Check out the following announcement:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/Thank-you-for-your-feedback-and-some-news-from-the-Ar...

You can also simply turn off motion detection by logging into your Arlo account and selecting the mode manually at anytime. The schedule just allows you to simply set it and forget it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 🙂

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning R_Lowe,

The ability to schedule motion detection was considered a "Premium Feature" when the product first launched. However, based on customer feedback we have updated the software so that scheduling and sharing feature are now part of the FREE Basic service level.

Check out the following announcement:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/Thank-you-for-your-feedback-and-some-news-from-the-Ar...

You can also simply turn off motion detection by logging into your Arlo account and selecting the mode manually at anytime. The schedule just allows you to simply set it and forget it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 🙂

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

OMG that's a HUGE help.  I evidently read a link that was outdated or not updated.  Thank you very much, that's a huge load off my mind.  You really have a winner of a product!*   THANKS! 

*(especially by adding so much more flexibility via freedome from any wires/cords, outside placement, more or less instant notifications, and the tailor-made scheduling, none of which my beloved Dropcams can boast)

musictechguy
Guide
Guide

This is good news. I also saw a review which said the scheduling gets turned off after 30 days unless you pay a subscription. I only got my system today online and would have sent it back today (under the online purchase protection law) if this was the case.

I'm glad that the free service does include scheduling. This is the difference between a useable and unuseable system, in my opinion.

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

musictechguy wrote:

I'm glad that the free service does include scheduling. This is the difference between a useable and unuseable system, in my opinion.

When Arlo first came out, the free service did NOT include scheduling.  Happily, Netgear listened to folks of your opinion (of which I agree) and it is now included for everybody. 

JR54
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought and set it up the other night...my problem is that when I set the time I want it to record it won't stay! Keeps going back to a different time! What am I doing wrong?
nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

Are you clicking the SAVE button?

pine2536
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my schedule set for 8am but it is armed before that for some reason. Is there a time setting on the base station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your timezone in Settings.

pine2536
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Time Zone is correct, what else could it be? Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd delete the schedule and redo it. Did that help?

pine2536
Aspirant
Aspirant

It did not, very odd.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of ideas:

1) reset the base, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices, add the base using Add Device and resync cameras.

2) use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and open a case.