Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Library After Latest Update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlo_a_nono
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just updated the application on my phone (Android, fully updated) and I can't play the videos in the library now. I get a icon with a play button and that is all. If I try download them it fails. If I try play them on the web it fails. If I try download them from a browser I get a security alert on the https connection. My cctv is recording and sending alerts but I can't see the footage which kind of defeats the point of it. 

Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a new Android app (2.6.4) that was released last night that fixed the startup problem for me. I haven't put it to the test other than to verify it now runs on the phone where it didn't before but at least this flaw is fixed.

arlo_a_nono
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was all. Working fine until I updated the application on my phone this morning. Now I can't vie the libraries. It makes no sense as the libraries are broken in chrome as well on a laptop. So I've no idea what's going on. I'd like to see what my cctv is capturing. I can't even download the files.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm using the Android 2.6.4 app and Chrome on W10 with no problems viewing the library videos. What have you tried? WHat do you see?

arlo_a_nono
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've resinstalled the application on my phone and restarted my phone. Nothing changes. 

I've tried accessing the website from my hone and from chrome and it doesn't work. 

My wife can see the videos on her phone via the app. Will try chrome on a different laptop when I get home....  Hmm the only thing in common is my connection to the Internet....

Its my flipping works wifi connection blocking media.

I guess if anyone is reading this and you get the same issues then try accessing the app through you 3g rather than over wifi as there might be some blocking going on.  

All working now. As you were. Thanks for the help.