Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Internet connection.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
cumins229
Tutor
Tutor
The Internet light on my VMB3000 base station is solid amber. It is wired (lan) to my frontier router. My computer is connected wireless and working fine. I have turned off and on several times both router and base and also pushed reset button on base a couple times. What next should I try? Of course all three cameras are offline. All worked fine since new a few months ago and I have not made any changes.
4 REPLIES 4
cumins229
Tutor
Tutor
By the way, I also switched the cable to other ports on the modem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cumins229,

Consider a reboot of your modem/router/Arlo base station. An amber internet LED indicates the base station is connected to your router but does not have an internet connection.

JamesC

cumins229
Tutor
Tutor
I have rebooted both several times. Also started fresh install as when system was new (3 months old). I have also disabled anti virus . Same problem. What next , please?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the Internet LED remains amber, it would seem to be either an issue with the router configuration (is it your router or the ISP's?) or a bad base.  Restart the router and see if that helps.  If you can access the router configuration, is it possible that you or the ISP has made a setting that's blocking access to ports 80, 443 and 123 to at least netgear.com?  If it's the ISP's, you may need to get them on the phone to troubleshoot.

Otherwise, I'd create a trouble ticket.  It may simply be a bad base station that can't access the Arlo servers.  A trouble ticket would be needed to get it replaced.